Main Menu

[Combat Ops] Turn 9 - 2419 Orestes [Completed - CW Win]

Started by Fatebringer, November 18, 2010, 08:15:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

The wolves move into Orestes to test the strength of the Ghost Bears.

"Orestes. A valuable world. A world that has long been been held in the clutches of the Rasalhague Dominion, who have not proved their worth in so, so long. Do you hear me!? I Star Colonel Mustaffa Fetladral challenge you! Prove your worth to keep this jewel, and we go home. Deny us and feel the full fury of The Stalkers!"

The following units arrive on Operational Turn 4 on Trial (Invasion) Orders

Beta Patrol Star
Beta Transport Star
13th Battle Cluster - FL Heavy Mech Cluster
13th Battle Cluster Aero - FL Heavy ASF Trinary

Fatebringer

Fatebringer

"Star Colonel Mustaffa Fetladral, the Rasalhague Dominion places much value on this world. For that reason, I we insist that the Wolves face the finest Delta Galaxy has to offer! I Galaxy Commander Mossimo Snuka will lead the Jorgensson's Keshik in defense of our claim!"

Rasalhague Dominion Defensive Bid

Jorgensson's Keshik (1 Heavy Nova), Veteran / Reliable, 51 FP

Fatebringer

"Your Nova is quite impressive Galaxy Commander, I have no doubt in the ability of my warriors to rend metal and flesh. The bidding will now commence to see who has the honor of plucking this egg from the Dominion's basket of worlds."

After a little bit. "I Star Captain Levin have won the bid with my binary to face the Bears in honorable combat for this world. Feel the bite of a true warrior as we feed upon your mechs for the glory of the Clan!" Levin ended his broadcast with loud howl.

13th Battle Cluster (1 Medium Binary), Regular / Reliable, 42 FP

Fatebringer

Initiative is irrelevant as both sides issue Battle Orders and meet on a plateau of cracked earth high above the ground below. Any warriors that failed to keep their footing ran the chance to fall for several kilometers. The Wolf end of the field had one Union C, The remaining star in the trinary joined several Dominion mechs in a circle around the plateau. On the other end of the flat hilltop, was another Union C parked next to a Sassanid.

Fatebringer

Clan Wolf Combat Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

RasDom Combat Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

Clan Wolf Crit Chance

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

Clan Wolf Crit

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

It was not the Ghost Bear unit's finest hour as early in the fight, Star Captain Levin engaged Galaxy Commander Mossimo's Mad Dog with his Nova, rushing in quickly and pegging his heat line to the point where he was nearly passing out, he drove the Ghost Bear commander backwards. The exchange was very once sided as only the Mad Dogs pulse lasers could find purchase on the bounding Nova who was hitting with nearly everything.

"Are you sure you did not replace your Missles with some Spheroid parts? This is what you get for mixing with Spheroid!"

The Nova was in the face of the Mad Dog when it punctured the LRM's ammo bin, between the sudden loss of the mech's right side and the sluggishness from the heat, the Galaxy Commander's mech was barely responsive and Levin cound not prevent his mech's foot from catching on the cracked surface and as it fell, the foot snapped at the torque from the tons of twisting metal going backwards.

The steaming Nova lumbered over to the Mad Dog. "Galaxy Commander Mossimo Snuka, I offer you the bondcord of our Clan or Death." The man was seething on the inside, but his days of being a warrior were not thru and he knew this at the very core of his being. "Aff, I accept." Star Commander Levin twisted his mech to face the rest of the battlefield. "Excellent. Now, you are mine, and when you prove yourself, you will be Wolf!"

Fatebringer

Disheartened by the loss of their Galaxy Commander, the Wolves managed to gain the upper hand against the Dominion Nova.

CW: 42 * .25 = 11 Damage done.
RD: 51 * .1 = 5 Damage done.

CW taked Galaxy Commander Mossimo Snuka as Bondsman. Combat occured on OP6, so the initiative bonus is irrelevant.

CW does 22% damage to the RD
RD does 12% damage to CW

CW earns a Marginal Victory and Control of Orestes.
CW Gains 1 PS
RD Losses 1 PS

Salvage Pool is 16

Fatebringer

Salvage Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]