[RP/MM] T44 CIH vs Skye 2118 Grunwald Invasion

Started by Marlin, November 18, 2010, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

"saKhan, this is Hauptmann Carlysle. It is my duty to report to you that after debating the merits of your offer, the Royal Guards will not abandon our oathes to the Commonwealth to take your colors. Our original offer to avoid bloodshed stands, but if you persist in rejecting that settlement I must insist you either issue a batchall, commence combat without one, or vacate the system. Carlysle out."
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

"Hauptmann, I accept your decision, as shortsighted as it may be. After our fight, you will not be able to defend your people."

"Ready the Galaxy, I will not dishonor their decision."

With that, the saKhan made to his Mech.

Marlin

Beta Galaxy prepares for the inevitable.

73,5 FP, 6 FP of that Aero on Ground Support.

I suppose the 1st Royals are still on 20 FP altogether?

Dave Baughman

20 FP, correct. Planning to offer honorable combat, or just steamroll them?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

OOC: CIH would not talk to the now enemy but Zellbrigen fight would of course be preferable. If they offer this, the outcome will not change, but it will gain them more goodwill.

Dave Baughman

The Royals do offer Zell, if onlyto minimize collateral damage to the civilian population.

Royal Guards simple res...
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6[/blockquote]

Marlin

Zell will be upheld.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9[/blockquote]

Marlin

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]

Marlin

1 Crit: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]

Marlin

Once more, under the spirited leadership of saKhan Connor Rood, the Ice Hellion Warriors outperform their honorable opponents in every regard.

(increase damage by 15 %, decrease taken damage by 20 %)

Lyrans deal 10 % thus,

CIH deals 70 %.

Marlin

Dave Baughman

(OOC: Go for it. He's not exactly a Field Marshal, so there's no cultural pressure for him to commit suicide. Of course, I imagine the degree to which he is a "successful" bondsman is directly related to how well you treat his former command.)

Marlin

Harrr!!

I have big plans for him.  :)

I take it his former Command is now destroyed?

If so, then they are taken as bondsmen of course. Alexander is being made personal bondsman of saKhan Rood.

Damage numbers:

Lyrans deal 2 FP damage and are wiped out.

.25 Damage control for CIH.

21,75 in the pool.

Salvage is 50 % rounding up to 11 RP.

1,75 go to damage rebuild.

9,25 into the pool.

Marlin

The beaten and ragged remains of the 1st Royal Guards streamed into the camp, each one of them gaining a bondcord and if needed a medical treatment. The civilian parts had already been taken care of. As usual, the
"Meldeamt" and the infrastructure would be "visited" by certain Clanspeople to check for Not-Named genes, however unlikely that was. In the fields, the BattleTechs were already swarming out, looking for a good chunk of Machines to repair.

Connor had already expressed his pleasing with his Warriors, this was a good day.

Now, as he watched the bondsmen, he recognized a face. That was his bondsman now. He was discussing with his once Soldiers, as the term would be. Astonishing that they were so orderbound with their home crumbling. All the waste would not have happened if they had made the right choice. Now, if they cooperated, they might still protect their people.

That bondsman Alexander seemed older than Connor himself, but compared to the other bondsmen before, senior Officers all, he was quite young. His "birth"day would be the 39th, soon to be 40. Perhaps he would make a good adviser? Or a Volunteers Star Colonel?

He wondered and then reached the man. "Bondsman Alexander." He looked at him, reacting like he should. "I will be your bondsholder, I am saKhan Connor Rood and you are my bondsman. If you prove yourself as loyal, you will perhaps one day become a Warrior. Now come with me." The reactions of the surrounding Bondsmen ranged from shock to hostility upon hearing his name. He did not let show emotions when he turned and was followed by Alexander. It was time to contact Raina.