Turn 39 - TC v. Dark - Invasion Lastpost 4941 *Complete*

Started by Jeyar, May 11, 2010, 02:06:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeyar

Well, some forces seem to have missed the boat.

20th Periphery Defense E Reg Rel Aerospace - 2 FP
4th Vehicle Regiment E Reg Rel Vehicles - 1 FP

Jeyar

Just in case it is needed for init:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

Jeyar

Per the reply referenced below, I think I will ask for people willing to Proxy for the Dark.

Just think, this is your chance to be part of the Darkside, and still help the game move along.  ;D

http://intelser.org/forums/index.php?topic=149.msg3269#msg3269

For those willing, please tell me which version you use and when you are avalible... :D

Dave Baughman

The Dark are defending with 1.00 FP of troops, consisting of a mix of conventional infantry and older ground vehicles (Tech 1 models, including some older Draconis Combine designs like the Sabaku Kaze)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jeyar

TC victory
Well, the TC took .625 FP damage, and destroyed the enemy. Call it .75 but then the TC gets:
15+[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote] percent of 1.75. Probably .25 FP.

Marlin

Fine with that. Finally a fight were the Taurians dont have more than they started with. :D

The Dark Solahma Garrison did as much as they could. They would never give up!

Of 8 Units, the Taurians had left 3. VTOLs are killers in a Low Tech game. Could not take them down.

Jeyar

I'm going to have to say that the TC then gets .25 FP back at least.

However what is this "repair cycle" that happens first?

Must say, clan Inf are nasty, esp if they are using 1 hit is one inf. Inferno rounds are nasty when the enemy has them.  ;D

So the net is the TC has at least .5 FP, maybe .75 FP. (I'll let others make the call).

So, standard TC questions:
1) How are the people (since this world used INF, maybe they weren't so mean to their slaves)?
2) How is the Infrastructure of the planet?
3) Everything else okay here (also what is the call on my FP left)?

Edit: told to do it correct math - so either path gives it a .75 FP. :o

Marlin

Yep, .75 FP is good for me. The Infantry was Solahma Dark Caste. Very old Warriors. Nothing to do with the populace here. (If you ask me.)

The rest will be up to our GMs.  ;D

Jeyar

Okay, since that is worked out (and the ground troops took some losses), I guess just a final status is needed to cap off the attempt to retake the "arm" of the TC.

1) How are the people (since this world used INF, maybe they weren't so mean to their slaves)?
2) How is the Infrastructure of the planet?
3) Everything else okay here?

Dave Baughman

1) Somewhat to your dismay, you discover that a number of prominent local politicians collaborated with The Dark in order to "spare their people" from the fate that befell the ComStar personnel at the HPG station. There was basically no local resistance to Dark rule here, and the people were subjected to less in the way of atrocities - though they were still ruled with an absolute iron fist and anyone who stepped out of line was killed.

Unfortunately, any intelligence you might have squeezed out of the quislings was lost when the local population dragged them out of their offices and hanged the lot of them immediately after the liberation.

2) The infrastructure is in good shape - other than the interdiction resulting from the loss of the HPG the world is still a fully operational control world.

3) So it appears :)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.