[RP-Combat Ops] Turn 2 LA vs CSA - 1014 Tsarahavana, Trial [Completed - LA Wins]

Started by Daemonknight, July 14, 2011, 12:43:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

A young Alliance Navy Lieutenant entered the officer's mess aboard the Star Lord jumpship, one of many vessels that made up the aerospace component of the 6th Donegal Guards. He walked into the room, and saw many of the elder officers enjoying cigars, drinks, and telling old stories of past actions and annecdotes on military life. He strode over to a hulking giant of a man, and wondered briefly how it was he managed to fit himself into the cockpit of his battlemech. The Lieutenant-General's pips on his epulates were what kept him from asking.

"General Kovalchuk, we have arrived at our destination, and the Skipper wishes to what your timetable for deployment is, sir." The young lieutenant looked around nervously as silence spread out from him. The massive man turned slowly, revealing the signature y shaped scar over his right eye, along with the menacing red light coming from under his heavy brow. Lieutenant-General Kovalchuk had been a simple mechwarrior during the Clan Invasion, and had lost an eye on 2nd Sudeten more recently. Despite his age(the Lieutenant had never mustered the courage to ask even the navy personnel), the General was a monstrous 208cm tall, and weighed in over 120 kilograms of rock solid muscle. Some had jokingly commented that during the Invasion, his mother had accidently grabbed a baby Clan Elemental, but it was a dangerous joke to make if the General was on planet. He had a knack for hearing everything you didn't want him to hear.

He eye'd the young LT, and the young Navy officer could see thin beams of light coming from the cybernetic eye, reflected off the smoke curling from the Terran cigar clenched in one of the General's hands. He gulped, but stood his ground, determined not to show any fear(or atleast as little as possible) in the face of the huge mechwarrior.

"You tell your skipper we'll be departing when I am DAMN WELL GOOD AND READY TO! Got it soldier?! GET THE HELL OUT OF MY FACE, BOY!" The Lieutenant couldn't help but fall backwards in the face of the brutish General yelling at him, and managed to get his feet out from under him and dart for the hallway that would take him back towards the fore of the ship. Once the young officer was gone, many of the Guards officers chuckled, the General included.

"Never gets old General."
"I think he actually crapped himself, havn't had one of those in awhile."
"Poor kid is going to have nightmares for a month." The officers continued to laugh for a few minutes, putting their smokes out and draining the last of their cups as Kovalchuk radio'd the Star Lord's captain to let him know. The Captain thought it was pretty funny aswell, and after clearing their detatchment protocol, went off to make sure the kid didn't have a heart attack en route to the bridge.

"Alright boys, we've scared one of our own. Now lets go put the fear of the gods into the blasted Adders, huh?"

After they'd detatched from their jumpship, Kovalchuk opened a channel to the planet below.

"Star Adder garrison, this is Lieutenant-General Illya Kovalchuk, 6th Donegal Guards, LAAF. I am here to issue you a trial of possession for this world. What forces will you bid against us?"
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Deathrider6

We defend our claim with our full might (8th Adder sentinels -15FP).

Daemonknight

The LA commander will likewise bid the entire 6th Donegal Guards RCT

41.5 FP

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Deathrider6

CSA Combat Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Deathrider6

Crit check

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

LA critical check

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

Critical Events

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

CSA deals no damage

LA deals 10.5 FP in damage

LA grants the foolish Adder commander's request for hegira

Daemonknight