The next ruleset...

Started by Daemonknight, July 21, 2011, 01:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Okay, so like I said before, I am trying to develop a new set of rules(not so much new, as attempting to combine the best parts of multiple systems into a coherrent ruleset that gives everyone what they want, and cuts as much crap out as possible). This thread is for discussion on my WIP rules for the next FGC. PLEASE- no flaming my ideas/concepts/writing. The rules as presented here, are totally up for grabs, and most likely, half of it wont even make it in(or else will be totally different from how first presented).
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

with that in mind, I've been working my way through the Hex Improvements, and I came to the Recharge Station. Always one of the most useless things in this game, I decided to go for broke on the puppy, and I want people's opinions.

Is it too pricey? Is it too under/overpowered for it's price? Does it break the movement system? Am I just crazy and need to stop typing(quite possibly a good idea). Anyway, tell me what you think.((bold is the actual rules portion, the regular text is just the fluffy bit.

Recharge Station: Such stations are rare sights these days, the complex electrical systems required for their function almost as difficult to manufacture as the jump drives they support. Recharge Stations facilitate faster travel between the stars, be greatly reducing the time required to recharge a jumpship's drive capacitors. Possessing both directional microwave energy emitters and hardline connectors, a single Recharge Station of the Olympus-class(the most common design surviving in this era) can assist 8 jumpships simultaneously.

Construction of an RS takes 3 turns, and costs 72 RP. Research is required before factions can build new RS. Each RS a faction owns increases the Cyclical MP Pool by 45 MP; shorter travel times means more jumpships are available for government contracts at any given time. Also, any Transported or Mobile unit passing through a hex that contains an RS has it's maximum movement increased by 1(this extra hex does not cost any MP). LFB Mobile units passing through a hex with an RS have their range increased by 2(these extra hexes do not cost any MP, even if the unit is utilizing Fast Movement in that turn). No unit may benefit from more than 1 RS in a single turn. A single RS can apply this extra movement to no more than 4 units.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Daemonknight

as of this post, the movement system is otherwise unchanged from what we have in the current rules. Likely an important factoid.