[RP/MM] Turn 39: CJF vs LC Invasion Montmarault 2215 *Complete*

Started by Daemonknight, May 13, 2010, 08:17:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

CJFS Turkina's Pride
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

CJFS Obvious Lie
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11[/blockquote]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Quote"Khan Sonoma, I absolutely understand your skepticism; believe me however when I say that my only goal is to return the men and women under my command to the nation of their birth - Rasalhague. We will be waiting for you at the spaceport."

Several Hours Later

The Lyran insignia on Ibrahimović' staff car had been hastily painted over with a simple blue-and-white Dominion flag, but otherwise the party that awaited the Clans appeared to be kitted out in standard-issue Lyran equipment. Closer examination, however, revealed the arms of the defunct Free Rasalhague Republic on each of the officers' sleeves.

When the Falcon representatives had dismounted, the lead officer stepped forward.

"Welcome to Montmarault, Khan Sonoma. I... am Colonel Rasmus Ibrahimović, commanding the Orestes Freemen. Would you like to adjourn somewhere more confortable to discuss the situation? No sense standing out here in the heat when there are several fine restaurants nearby. The German asparagus is fabulous."
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Daemonknight

Khan Sonoma departed her dropship along with a bodyguard of 3 Elementals in full armor, and a somewhat distant man in a uniform without rank or unit insignia. Infact, his uniform did not have so much as a Jade Falcon crest. None the less, the bodyguards defered to him as much as to the Khan.

"Very well Colonel, let us head to one of your resturants. I have already had my ComTechs prepare a message for the office of the Dominion Khan to validate your claim. I must say i am inclined to err on the side of restraint considering you have followed my orders. Never the less, i will be deploying small mech units throughout the city to ensure no disruptions or accidents befall your men, or mine." She said this as a star of Assault-battlemechs, in the colors of her personal Keshik formed up and made tracks for the downtown district of the city. Other dropships were disgorging Stars and Binaries of mechs, although none left in units larger than a star in any individual direction, and none moved at more than a brisk walk.

Khan Sonoma climbed into the Colonel's staff car, along with the mystery man. The Elementals took up positions alongside and slightly behind the car, and jogged to keep pace.

"Colonel tell me", this from the man," your unit is listed as being a Lyran Alliance combat unit. However, you say you are actually of the Rasalhauge Dominion. Curious. It is my job to ensure that no foul play is afoot here. And while my Khan may be set at ease by your lack of overt action, it is my job to ensure that no subterfuge takes place. So if you would be so kind as to enlighten us?" The man smiled, although there was no amusement in the man's eyes, only the cold stare of a man who knew he would have the answers he was after one way or another.

((If the Colonel pays close enough attention to the man, he would note a slight germanic accent to the man's voice, with the undertones of a Lyran citizen...))
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Dave Baughman

Ibrahimović nodded as he digested the mystery man's questions, "Well, the issue boils down to the history of my unit. A few years ago, during the Daphne Rowe administration, relations between the FRR and the Lyran Commonwealth... Lyran Alliance then, were a lot friendlier. A lot of Lyran military aid was poured into the FRR, and around the time of the mess with ComStar the Lyrans asked for some reciprocity from the Republic."

"Short version is that the Lyrans misunderestimated their ability to meet the military assistance promises they made to the FRR, so they turned around and asked Orestes to provide them with troops - that would be under Lyran command - to defend the FRR. The Lyrans provided the equipment, the FRR provided the manpower. This was around the same time the Alliance started referring to the FRR as a 'Lyran Protectorate' and ordering around the Riksdag, but that's a different story."

"After Peter Steiner-Davion deposed Daphne Rowe, the Lyran Commonwealth cut most of its ties with the FRR - the Dominion - and pulled out its troops, including my unit. At the time, we stuck with them: despite our units name most of us are from Grumium and we still have some warm feelings towards the elsies. We followed the orders to leave the Republic because we felt we owed the LC for the help they gave us when the Terrans were breathing down our necks."

"That changed, though, when they dumped us here on Montmarault to be speed bumps. I'm a patient man. And when I say I'm a patient man, I mean I'm a patient man, but we've been waiting here for months and not one Lyran soldier has shown up to reinforce us. By now, your MechWarriors are probably noticing the distinct lack of a fighting local militia. Not one SLDF soldier has been posted here to help us either. Someone on Tharkad, Peter Steiner probably, decided that Montmarault was expendable and he needed an expendable unit to die so the LC didn't look bad."

"When it comes right down to it, my warriors and I are ready to fight - but we want to fight for something worth defending. And that's the Rasalhague Dominion; its our home."
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Daemonknight

The man had studied the face of the Colonel intently during his speech. Nodding to himself at it's conclusion, he simply glanced at the Khan and nodded once. He then opened a window slightly, produced a lighter and thin cigar, lit it and promptly engrossed himself in watching the buildings go by.

Khan Sonoma cast an irritated glance at the man, but turned to the Colonel and said,
"Colonel, your soldiers will be allowed to leave Montmarault with their equipment in 3 days, once my forces have completed oribtal deployment. Is that satisfactory?"

Dave Baughman

"Thank you, Khan," said Ibrahimović, "That will be most satisfactory. I'm glad we were able to settle this in a civilized manner."

Daemonknight

13.5FP up for salvage

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+15 : 1, 3 + 15, total 19[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

19% of 13.5 = 2.525 -> 2.5 salvage recovered, used for repairs.

Battlefield repairs:

3.5/10 = .35 -> .25FP repaired