[RP/MM] Turn 51, 2331 Vanra, Rebels vs FWL - Invasion

Started by Daemonknight, October 15, 2011, 06:05:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

The emergence signatures over Vanra were totally unexpected by the local ATC controllers, and the appearance of aerospace fighters and several dozen dropships made the situation immediately, clearly, horrifying.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

chaosxtreme

You are entering Local Space of the Duchy of Orloff identify yourself or we will respond with lethal force.

Aerospace
5th Expeditionary Regular Reliable 10 FP
2nd Orloff Grenadiers Aerospace    Transported   Veteran   Reliable   2   

Ground Forces:
2nd Orloff Grenadiers                Veteran   Reliable   40      

Forces Arriving this turn:
20th Marik Militia Regular   Reliable   17.5
20th Militia Aerospace   Regular   Reliable   1

chaosxtreme

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

init roll

Dave Baughman

badguys [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

chaosxtreme

Bad guys arrive before the Militia. :-) Please declare force's unless your going to run. :-)

Daemonknight

Regulan forces are as follows:

1st RAF Squadron(Indy Wing) V/R 12.25 FP

4th Regulan Chasseurs Regiment V/R 12.25 FP
5th Regulan Dragoons Regiment R/R 8.75 FP
12th Royal Militia R/R 7 FP
13th Royal Militia R/R 7 FP
3rd Royal Artillery Regiment V/R 19.75 FP

"Silence lapdogs of the Mariks! We claim this world in the name of the Principality of Regulus, and Regent Sonja Cameron-Jones! We will not let these poor people suffer under your shackles any longer!" The Regulan dropships begin burning towards the planet, with the aerospace fighters of the 1st Squadron as a vanguard.

((OOC: FYI, you don't need to list forces that are incoming. When you lost initiative, it just means they show up in Operational Round 2, and an invader wouldn't actually know they were en route. Not an issue if you feel like listing them, but i just thought I would let you know for future reference.))
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

chaosxtreme

OOC: Your the GM? This is a GM Thread. You have my sheet. Listing them lets this move along faster if you were of a mind to cheat it wouldn't really matter when/if I post things. :-)

Daemonknight

As I assume the 5th Expeditionary and 2nd Orloff Aerospace are on the default Defensive Interdiction orders, the 1st Squadron is going to Naval Engagement to defeat the blockade and allow the Regulan ground forces access to the planet.

Regulan Combat roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

Critical Event Check:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

Critical Event:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

The Regulan aerospace fighters manage to isolate a portion of the Orloff aerospace fighters from their dropships, leading them on a case untill they run out of fuel. This allows the Regulans to capture the fighters and their pilots intact.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d4 : 1, total 1[/blockquote]

chaosxtreme

OOC: Acctually I was going to try and play this one today since I can't do Regulus or Andurien until rule's issue's get cleared up.

Daemonknight

1x5% = 5% of enemy forces captured

12 * 5% = .5 FP captured(11.5 FP of Orloff forces availible for combat)

12.25 * 60% = 7.25 FP damage dealt

barring a high-end Capture critical, the Regulans are able to break the Orloff interdiction and land their troops