[RP/MM] Turn 5, 2930 Highspire -- Invasion [Complete]

Started by Dave Baughman, October 06, 2011, 07:17:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holt

[Need an answer here, this is holding up a few other threads.]

Daemonknight

((OOC: Dave is putting together an answer, should be posted tonight hopefully))
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

"Victoria? You are very clever, Elias Nagasawa, to suggest a new home that is not only far from my base of support but a very likely target for our Davion... neighbors. Beneath what is obviously a strategem to rid yourself of my allies with a minimum of bloodshed on your Clan's part, however, I see a possible compromise."

"As you have no doubt learned by now, our allies on Terra are already making their move to support my claim to the throne. If they have held to their timetable, they should soon be landing on Liao as a beachhead to establish a safe border for their Hegemony. I suspect that if you kill me now, or destroy my legitimacy in the eyes of the people, they will simply annex their "safety zone" into a permanent extension of their own territory. The Hegemony is, if nothing else, pragmatic."

"So, I propose that instead of fighting me, you embrace me. The Clans have never respected cowardice, and it is clear that cowards are exactly what the Strategios are for failing to resist your occupation. I propose that you do not give me Victoria, or even Highspire. I propose that you give me Sian, embrace me as the rightful Chancellor of the Capellan Confederation, and give me leave to deal with the traitors who were so quick to surrender to your Clan. After all, can you really trust a traitor - even if they are your traitors momentarily?"

"I have heard that you wish for the Shark Supremacy to be a true union of the Capellan and Diamond Shark peoples. The running dogs on Sian may be quick to sing the tunes you wish to hear and fast to agree with your every proposal, but I guarantee you they will stab you in the back as soon as the opportunity presents itself. Your Khans and I, however... if our long-term goals are as similar as I believe they are, perhaps we can work together."
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Holt

"I believe you miss judge your position here, you are out numbered 5 to 1 and so are the rebellious units, your strongest unit has been bottled up around the world of Pallendine and will be shortly exterminated. As for your Terran allies we have already taken appropriate steps to deal with them, the Supremacy will turn the world and space around Liao into a killing field, one from when the Terrans will be lucky to escape."

"The Supremacy would never allow the Davions to attack those holdings anymore than we would allow the Terrans to take the world of Liao, so those fears are for naught."

"You wanted to negotiate, we have given you more than fair terms, we have sparred your lives, given you a place to live and work. Yet here you are asking to be turned the victor in this struggle, something you are not."

"Against my better nature I will give you one more chance to negotiate in good faith, before I turn my troops lose against the few you have left."

Dave Baughman

Bhairava could only laugh at the Clanner's audacity, "your better nature? What does a vatborn Clanimal know of nature? You are so arrogant to believe your pet generals on Sian are loyal to you, and that you can function without my approval. You are fools to believe that anything less than total defeat awaits you without the will of the Goddess. Bring your abominations, Shark. The Phansigar are waiting to strangle you."

If there was any doubt as to Bhairava's intentions, the shower of artillery shells on SS encampments erased them.

Special Scenario: ☠☠ used to cause damage.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5
Rolled 1d6 : 5, total 5[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Rebels simple rez [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Holt

Chaos reigned in the Supremacy encampment as warriors scrambled to button up their vehicles or armor, where they watched the PBI troops die a horrible death.

Anger trembled through the Star Commodores body as he mumbled the words, "Kill them all."

With those orders former Capellan and Shark warriors became one as bothers on the field of battle, ready to destroy those who had given their fellow warriors a gruesome death.

SS Damage roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]

[OCC SS forces now at 90.5FP

Holt

SS deal 22.75FP damage, destroying the upstart Chancellor and wiping out his forces.

Capellan forces do 9FP Damage (22.5*40%)

Holt

End of Combat Summary.

SS:
160 - 59.5FP (R1) - 10FP (R2 Special Scenario) - 8 FP (R2)= 82.75FP

CC:
101.75 - 79.25 (R1) - 22.5 (R2) = 0

Salvage:
59.5 + 10 + 8 + 79.25 + 22.5 = 179.25

Salvage Roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+15 : 1, 4 + 15, total 20[/blockquote]

Holt

Supremacy repairs 35.75FP

Ending Value is
160 - 59.5FP (R1) - 10FP (R2 Special Scenario) - 8 FP (R2) + 35.75 (Salvage) = 118.5FP

Holt

The Horrors of War!

+ 2 Token used
+ 2 Damage in R1 was over 100 but less than 150

Roll:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+4 : 1, 6 + 4, total 11[/blockquote]

[Watch I roll a 12]

Holt

[Woot only 1 was a 6]

Hex is Terrorized for 3 Turns.