[RP/MM] Turn 5: Steel Viper vs Star Adders ToP 1910 Dark Nebula [Complete]

Started by chaosxtreme, October 15, 2011, 11:39:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Gates is sunk.

Round 5: Pit Viper (12.50 FP) joins the battle, bringing the defenders to 119.50 FP.

11.50 Lyrans vs. 119.50 Defenders

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Defenders crit check

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Dave Baughman

One enemy VIP of the enemy player's choice is killed (1-4) or captured (5-6). If no
VIPs are present, the enemy's highest-ranking officer is affected instead. The enemy
suffers a -1 penalty on all operational initiative and simple resolution rolls for the rest
of the turn.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 4, total 4[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Choosing to go down with his ship, the Lyran Admiral dies on the bridge of Robert Kelswa-Steiner as it is consumed in flames.

Lyran forces are wiped out.

Defenders take 3.0 FP, reducing them to 116.50 FP (116.75 after damage control)

Survival rolls

Eiru [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]

Serpentes
Snake Leader
Martial Legacy
Dark Asp
Pit Viper

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 5, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Snake Leader alone amongst the interfering Steel Viper warships is lost.

Dave Baughman

Scenario Outcome: Steel Viper Victory

The loss of the Lyran fleet at the Dark Nebula was a serious blow to both the Lyran Navy and the Jade Falcons. Worse, all across the front the Lyrans' probes into Steel Viper territory were firmly repelled. While this was in no way a victory for the Adders, who quickly found themselves evicted from Camelot Command by the victorious Vipers, it was clear that a new threat to Lyran domination had appeared on the stage.