[RP/MM] Turn 51, 2232 Calloway VI Rebels vs FWL[Rebel Victory]

Started by Daemonknight, October 14, 2011, 10:49:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Critical Event Chance:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

Critical Event
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]

Critical Event
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Daemonknight

((OOC:...WOW...DK's evil criticals return with a vengeance...))

Event 2: Enemy unit disintegrates, taking double damage. If it survives, it receives a -1 on simple resolution and initiative rolls for the rest of the turn.

Event 12: A Hero is Born – your commanding officer leads his or her forces to a decisive victory against all odds; increase damage inflicted by 30%. If you took enough damage this turn to be destroyed, 10% of your force survives. The enemy must withdraw as if they lost an Invasion scenario.

5 * 85% = 4.25 * 2 = 8.5 FP damage

.5 FP of the Rebels survive because of a critical event

FWL forces withdraw from the hex, because of the critical event.

Daemonknight

The 1st Orloff Grenadiers were quite confident they had this in the bag. Infact, most of the Rebel officers saw themselves dying on the altar of freedom in the very near future, and while they were correct in most cases, they did not expect the battle to go as planned. The Rebels hid their exact location from the Orloff brigade with clever ruses, and by spreading themselves thin to make it seem as if there was a larger force than expected.

The Grenadiers however, under estimated the preparedness of the rebel forces. The brigade's HQ section, aswell as a full regiment of battlemechs, came down near a major concentration of Rebel forces: a battalion of Heavy and Assault mechs, and the Artillery Battalion, which was almost entirely comprised of Schiltron and Huitzilopochtli tanks. On the ground, those vehicles could rain down massive missile bombardments, as the FWL militia could've atested to, had they survived. The quick thinking of the Rebel commander however, had loaded up every Air Defense Arrow missile they had in their armory(and they had quite a few, thanks to the generosity and forsight of their off-world supporters). The Artillery Battalion was able to bring down several of the Orloff dropships, reaping a huge tally among the invading forces before they had even touched down. One lucky shot hit a dropship bearing munition stores, which vaporized in mid air.

Deciding the landing was far to dangerous to risk, as it was unclear exactly what forces awaited them, the FWL commander ordered a hasty retreat, with many dropships touching down, only to immediately blast off, and some burning every ounce of fuel they had to reverse course after already hitting atmo. The Orloff gunners were not impotent however. They dropped plenty of ordanence themselves, and unknown to them, had almost wiped out the entire Rebel force. Luckily for the rebels, the FWL commander was more worried about the anti-air defenses than he was about any aerial recon, else he would have realized his mistake before he pulled out of the system.

Daemonknight

Rebel Forces
.5 FP regained as battlefield repairs. 1 FP remaining

Salvage Pool: 14.5
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+15 : 4, 3 + 15, total 22[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

22% of salvage converted

14.5 * 22% = 3.19 -> 3.25 converted to repairing the Rebel forces

1 + 3.25 = 4.25 FP