[RP/MM] Turn 5 FWL vs Clan Spirit Cat Hex 0519 Waypoint [Complete]

Started by chaosxtreme, October 15, 2011, 12:31:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosxtreme

345th Lyran Independent Aerospace Regiment   345th Lyran Independent Aerospace Regiment   Aerospace   mobile   Elite   Questionable   9

Greeting's Clan Spirit we have comere today to offer an honourable trial for this work and all its resources.

Dave Baughman

Star Adder forces are also arriving intent on launching a trial.

Arrival order initiative:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

FWL arrival initiative [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

The Star Adders arrive to find the FWL already engaged with the Spirit Cats.

Dave Baughman

Elements of the 3rd Banshee Cluster sortie to defend against the FWL invaders. Noting the 345th's mercenary past, the Spirit Cats deny Zellbrigen.

15 FP of Sprit Cat ASF engage the 9 FP of ex-Lyrans

CSC [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

FWL [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

CSC crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 5, total 6[/blockquote]

FWL crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

FWL critical events [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

9 Enemy supply columns are overrun and looted – the enemy's damage control for
this round goes to your force instead. 

10 One enemy VIP of the enemy player's choice is killed (1-4) or captured (5-6). If no
VIPs are present, the enemy's highest-ranking officer is affected instead. The enemy
suffers a -1 penalty on all operational initiative and simple resolution rolls for the rest
of the turn.

[blockquote]Rolled 1d6 : 3, total 3[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

CSC inflicts 7.5 FP against FWL

FWL inflicts 5.5 FP against CSC

CSC wins the trial, but an FWL pilot manages to kill the commander of the 3rd Banshee. On the way out of the system, their dropships board and capture several merchant dropships and escape the system with a rich load of booty.

9.5 FP of the 3rd Banshee survive

1.5 FP of the 345th Lyran survive, but regain 1.25 FP from damage control, leaving the system with 2.75 FP total.

Dave Baughman

Clan Star Adder forces request safcon to enter the Waypoint system for repair and refit, and to regroup for a counterattack against the Lyrans. This request is granted. Upon landing and tending to the most immediate needs, a batchall is levelled against the Spirit Cats: Clan Star Adder seeks a Rede from the Spirit Cats that they will open hostilities against the Lyran Alliance for its clear hostility against the Clans of Kerensky.

After obtaining approval from the Spirit Cat warrior council, they respond to the batchall: a heavy 'Mech star from Sting Keshik will defend against this imposition by the Star Adders.

In recognition of their assistance to the Star Adders in their hour of need, any Magistracy of Canopus forces present are offered the option of participating in the trial.

Parmenion

The aerospace pilots of the Saumarez Fighter Group stand with their Clan Star Adder allies.

Dave Baughman

4 'Mech points and 1 aerospace point (from the Magistracy of Canopus forces present) face off for honorable combat against the Spirit Cats.

SAC vs. SCats -- 1.00 FP each after rounding

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Sac crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

SAC critical events [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

5 Capture a high-value prisoner – automatically win operational initiative for the next
Operational Round.

9 Enemy supply columns are overrun and looted – the enemy's damage control for
this round goes to your force instead.

Right up until the end, it was a tightly-fought trial, but in the end the combined efforts of the Adder and Canopus warriors prevails. The Spirit Cat Star Colonel is taken as a bondsman and much isorla is gained - more than enough to repair any damage sustained during the trial.

With favorable reports coming back from the front (or at least, better news than was feared) and their Rede from the Spirit Cats in hand, things are looking up for the Star Adders for the first time in months.