Non-standard Fighter Deployment

Started by Dave Baughman, June 18, 2010, 06:05:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Hey everybody, to spare me some research time could anyone who runs a faction that deviates from normal bottom-level fighter deployment please respond here with how your faction deploys them?

Specifically, I am looking for Inner Sphere factions who deploys squadrons with more or less than six fighters, and Clans who deploy stars of more or less than 10.

This is pertinent to the programming of the aerospace tables to auto-calculate FP.

Thanks in advance!
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jeyar

The TC has aerospace forces that grow in factors of 2 historically (2-4-8) with the largest forces being either 16 or 24. I've had to sort of toss that out the window, (as sent in an old PM) so I'm fine with anything. Also, if there is the ability to do the same with small craft - I'm flexible for that too...

DisGruntled

CSA tends to buy fighters in binaries for ease of use / FP calculation.  Exceptions are warships whose hangars don't carry multiples of 10 who have the appropriate number in their bays and the Citizen's clusters which are the only real formations not spelled out that get however many FP capacity is spare at the time and local of there formation.

Iron Mongoose

I expect many Clans with old ships will have the odd group of six deployed to fill the bays, and the Mandrills had a number of groups with odd points here and there, to fill out an Achillies or something.  As it is, our many Nagas require IS style organization, and any Clan with take from the Mothball fleet will likely be doing the same.

NVA

Only place where the Exiles had non standard deployment I built DS/Fighter squadrons so the numbers were still the same.  So, in 1 DS, I don't have the right number.  But, in 5, I do.  And, those 5 DS and Fighters form one 'unit'.

GreyJaeger

The Steel Vipers use 1 ASF/Point for Ground Aerospace Units, and 3 AS/PointF for Naval formations.

GI Journalist

Marian aerospace craft operate in two-fighter teams. Five of these teams comprise an air maniple, and two air maniples make a wing. Five wings combine into a squadron.

Team:2
Air Maniple:10
Wing:20
Squadron:100

This means that while the Marians call it something different, their Roman inspired organization of equipment most closely resembles a more strict version of the order of battle used by the Clans.

Cannonshop

UIW "Native" units (Coast Guard) incorporate smallcraft and marines in fighter formations, with a base of 12 fighters and 4 smallcraft transporting Marines.  I guess this would count as non-standard deployment. The intent is nearly always to board hostile large craft such as dropships and/or jumpships in keeping with the local tradition of law-enforcement and customs service.

Dunno if that counts as "Non Standard" fighter deployment or not.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Cannonshop on July 05, 2010, 03:14:25 AM
UIW "Native" units (Coast Guard) incorporate smallcraft and marines in fighter formations, with a base of 12 fighters and 4 smallcraft transporting Marines.  I guess this would count as non-standard deployment. The intent is nearly always to board hostile large craft such as dropships and/or jumpships in keeping with the local tradition of law-enforcement and customs service.

Dunno if that counts as "Non Standard" fighter deployment or not.

The new sheet should support this without any problems; you'll just have to manually assign the small craft to the flotilla with the "BT" column.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.