Quick Poll on paperwork

Started by Dave Baughman, July 01, 2010, 03:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you want separate Naval/Ground Forces ASF tables or just one ASF table per weight class?

Just 1 Table per weight class
5 (33.3%)
Separate Naval/Ground tables
10 (66.7%)

Total Members Voted: 14

Voting closed: July 02, 2010, 03:02:10 AM

Dave Baughman

24 hour only poll so please respond fast!

This won't immediately impact FGC since ground forces aren't being converted to equipment tables yet, but it will be pertinent to the structure of the sheet that I'm now finalizing.

Basically, some factions have different numbers of fighters between their naval and ground forces. (Steel Vipers, I'm looking at you!). I can accomodate this on the sheet, but it may mean more paperwork. Basically, I can set up separate Ground and Naval ASF equipment tables, but if I do so it will mean twice as many entries to make when you fill in your tables and twice as many to keep tabs on afterwards.

For the Clans, this kinda/sorta would fit into the whole front line/second line deployment setups, so it might actually be a good thing from a realism perspective.

So basically the question is: less paperwork or more flexibility?

Respond quick, as the timer is ticking.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

GreyJaeger

Just in case it was not understood, the only difference in the Vipers is the numbers of craft.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: GreyJaeger on July 02, 2010, 12:17:41 AM
Just in case it was not understood, the only difference in the Vipers is the numbers of craft.

Yeah, the whole "second line/front line" idea kind of came to me as I was writing. And honestly, looking at how few Clan ships really support the 15-ship formations and still keep their full capacity, I suspect you may end up setting to increments of 5 for maximum flexibility -- your choice of course.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DisGruntled

One of the separate votes is really a vote against using tables for ground units. ;)  We've got all our ground formations specified out by point weight already.  We're also way off from the RATs with all the equipment available.

There's also the fact that it's almost impossible to find a MM opponent with all that's going on so it could be a lot of work for very little impact. ;)  (I'm not a fan of the naval tables either with most of our flotillas already being spec'd out ;) )