NEW POLICY: PRIVATE MESSAGES TO THE GM TEAM

Started by Dave Baughman, August 16, 2010, 09:55:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Thanks to a new feature I have added to the boards, it is no longer neccessary to individually address your PMs to each member the GM team. Instead, we have set up a "dummy" account that will post all your PMs to an archive in the GM area.

Currently, due to a system limitation this functionality is not applicable to Flashpoint, but that may change in the future.

GM Private Message Guidelines

A new user account has been created: FC62GM -- all in-character PMs and all PMs which require GM action must/must include this account as an addressee. Private Messages that are not addressed to FC62GM are not "legal" for game purposes.

Non-game-related private messages should still go to the individual GMs' accounts.

Requests for rules clarification, rulings, and/or roleplaying posts will be addressed in the order they are received. To ensure the messages can be quickly parsed by the GM team, please make sure the title line on each post contains either [RULES], [RP], [TRADE], or a similar descriptor.

This system is brand new, so the rules may be modified going forward based on our experience, but hopefully this will help not only improve turnaround on responses but will also keep a more effective permanent record of both back-channel roleplaying and GM rulings.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Anyone who has sent a roleplaying post to the GM team since the start of the turn and has not received a response, please resend it to FC62GM and you will get a response promptly.

I know for a fact that Iron Mongoose and NVA have PMs they sent me since the start of the turn that have not been resolved; anyone else I have missed please also send them to FC62GM. Use a [RP] tag in the header.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

LittleH13

Guys......I had PMs this morning that were not copied to the new GM account FC62GM. Please remember to do this or the PM will not be "legal" for game purposes.

Dave Baughman

Srsly, including the FC62GM address is not optional. Judging from a PM that FC62GM just receive, it looks like we were not copied on a roleplaying post that was sent out recently.

In the past, the GM team has not really been strict about enforcing the documentary requirement, but now that we are archiving all of the back-channel roleplaying, its important.

If you sent a roleplaying PM recently and forgot to include FC62GM, please foward it so the roleplaying is legal.