Special Project: SLDF Wolves logo

Started by Dave Baughman, September 11, 2010, 03:15:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

OK, for those who are artisticly inclined, I have a project for you.

Make a nice-looking image of the SLDF Wolves' insignia that was briefly described in the Wolf Clan IC thread.

Basically its a gold insignia of a rampant wolf, facing to the right (like the head on the Wolf Clan insignia).

Best artistic rendering of it will get a special prize.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Fatebringer

In Heraldry the Term "Rampant" means: Rearing up, with only one (rear) paw on the ground.

NVA

As an interested party, I would prefer to see a rampant wolf like the one linked below vs some of the sickly looking things out there.

http://esda06.deviantart.com/art/Celtic-Wolf-Rampant-31358123

Dave Baughman

That's pretty much what I had in mind, except pointing in the other direction (hence the part about 'facing to the right')
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

NVA

understood.  I am not artistic.  So, I was just suggesting a theme :)

I could not find a 'tough' Wolf rampant.

LittleH13

I am not a fan of that pic for obvious reasons (it looks like a certain cheating mods avatar on CBT).

Fatebringer

Not sure how this comes out translating and shrinking this to paint...

Fatebringer

I think it came out good. Tried to keep the angularness of the Wolf Logo on a large scale.

DXM

He's not rampant -- he's dancing.  You need to get that other back leg on the same plane, I think.

chaosxtreme

Fatebringer

Quote from: DXM on September 17, 2010, 04:45:10 PM
He's not rampant -- he's dancing.  You need to get that other back leg on the same plane, I think.

Fitting, as they dance all over the Founders grave...  ;)