General Apology

Started by JediBear, October 06, 2010, 10:03:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JediBear

September was a month of crisis for me, as my brother spent the first two weeks in the hospital recovering from a massive infection.

Things are starting to get back to normal around here and I probably have enough time to be checking threads regularly and filling in budget spreadsheets, but to date I have lacked the inclination.

I realise that this is a serious problem for all of you, and I'm prepared to step down from my current positions, but I'm a little worried that I'll miss it or the game will miss me. I had RP ideas I wanted to run down and deals that were still in progress after all and I'm not sure I could trust my successor (and hell, I don't even know who that would be) to keep my RD on the course I had envisioned for it.

But the truth is that I'm depressed. I could have all the time in the world, and I'd just spend it all playing Mass Effect (my version of diving to the bottom of a bottle to avoid my life,) so I'm not sure if you all can count on me to hold up my end of things.

So what I'm saying is I'm sorry for letting folks down, and I'd like to know if you're willing to put up with me while I try and get it back together, or if you'd be better off without.

Daemonknight

Real life always comes before the game, and if you're still willing to participate in the game, then I think you should keep playing. Even if you split RD duties with someone else, atleast you have another outlet than just playing on the xbox(trust me, i get sucked into games all the time. I didn't sleep or eat/drink for 3 straight days when i got Halo: Reach).

I hope u come back, and if you have to lessen your involvement for RL reasons, atleast you're here in some capacity.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Marlin

Thats certainly bad news. I hope he and you get better.

And to get better, you need to stay, of course. Great to have a True Ghost Bear back in action. As Daemon says: if you cant handle it all alone, split it if possible.

Would be great to see you more around.

Cannonshop

Real Life takes Precedence, Jedibear.  Esp. when it's Family.