[Rp/MM][Complete] CSA v. FWL, Eutin 1520 ToP [CSA win]

Started by DisGruntled, October 11, 2010, 02:22:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisGruntled

Shortly after the unexpected arrival of several CSA jumpships the following message was transmitted on all open channels.

"Civillians of Eutin, the forces under my command have been tasked with the liberation of those who have declared for Charlemagne Steiner in these troubled times. FWL defenders with what forces do you defend your claim for this system?"

-Star Colonel Laurence, 5th Adder Assault, E/F

ToP for the system

chaosxtreme

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]

FWL Init

DisGruntled

CSA init
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]

chaosxtreme

In the interests of preventing wholesale damage and destruction from befalling the people of Eutin. I am prepared to meet you in space or on the ground with elements of Kwick Krushers Aerospace Brigade. So the people of Eutin can get back to living free and full lives in the Free Worlds League once you and yours have been run off. Again.

Kwick Krushers AeroSpace Brigade 1 FP

DisGruntled

Very well, the 1st AAA Company, 2nd Armor Regiment, Hell on Wheels shall have their first blooding  in clipping your wings.  (R/F 1 FP)

chaosxtreme

* bump*

I like using aero even on ground maps anyone interested in proxying for the Adders please give give the Adders a PM

chaosxtreme

*BUMP* Anyone want to proxy? Its a small game and fair. :-)

Marlin

Im in.

I assume that are all AA Tanks?

We are testing that. Was never done so far, Air vs Ground.

It seems Air has a disadvantage against Ground, but its starting.

Update: it is wrong, just 12 Assault vees vs 3 fighters and Force size on makes this. Actually the Fighter FP is higher than the Company's. Also, I have but 6 Partisans, the others are more standard Tanks for guard and stuff. Not sure what the Adder's Flak Company would look like.
We will run at least 2 Tests. One without Zell, the other with.

And when Chaos figures out bombing, I assume it gets ugly very fast.
*Paused*

What we found out: 4 Maps are small for fighters.
Take LBXs against fighters. I assume others than Partisans are good too. We could argue about a dedicated AA mode for Partisans, though. LBX help big time. I would need some feedback from the Adders. Next week we could continue.

Dave Baughman

(OOC: last call to wrap this bad boy up... if this is still open tomorrow I'm going to have to roll it out, which I would rather not do seeing as it appears from the posts that it was done in MM)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

It was started in MM, never finished, sadly.

But it was an interesting exercise. Without Zell Tanks, I think its correct to assume that the Adders would likely have won this. The most of the fighters had naked Afts, while none or just one of the Tanks were dead. (btw, AC 20 you can forget vs AA. Or all short range weapons.)

A full Company with LBX 10 or smaller on Heavy / Assault Tanks will mean much damage for Any Aerospace. Here Chaos had super Elites, so they survived many Rolls. The Bombs were surprisingly underwhelming for me at least. (Not for the Tank crews. :) )

But yeah, it wont get solved by MM, I fear.

Dave Baughman

Each side attacks with 1 FP

FWL

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8[/blockquote]

CSA

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Crit checks

FWL

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4[/blockquote]

CSA

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

CSA crits

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Quote2 Reduce damage received by 10%.
9 Encircle and capture 20% of opponent, add that FP to salvage.

CSA inflicts 0.50 FP and captures a further 0.25
FWL inflicts 0.50 FP

CSA wins the trial.