DisGruntled

TH crits:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]

CSA Crits:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote]
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

DisGruntled

Crazy paired dice rolls through that crit process, with both sides earning the same crits:
5 Opponent receives -1 on all future rolls this combat (CO killed).
7 Valor saves the day: reduce damage done to you by 20%, increase damage done to your opponent by 15%.

Both sides inflict -5% damage and have their CO killed.

Even Chart:
8 Deal 65% of FP to Opponent
11 Deal 80% of FP to Opponent

Preliminary Results:
CSA Commits: 65.5
TH Commits: 54.5

CSA Inflicts: 75% (80-5%)= 49.125
TH Inflicts: 60% (65-5%) = 32.7 FP

CSA Remaining: 32.8
TH Remaining:  5.375

I'm waiting on the end of the fights to do repair and then rounding.

CSA intends to send 16.25 FP into round 2 while the 1 FP or so of ASF goes back on Interdiction orders.  (planning on even distribution of damage)

Dave Baughman

The remaining TH forces (5.5 FP after rounding + 3.25 10% damage control = 8.75 FP) will attempt to withdraw, using Break Interdiction orders. Since Break Interdiction is a "high = bad" table, the -1 for dead CO will be treated as a +1 instead.

Break Interdiction
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+3 : 1, 4 + 3, total 8[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DisGruntled

Interdiction roll:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+1 : 2, 4 + 1, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

(assuming "1 FP or so" as 1.00 FP - let me know if more or less was actually present so we can adjust the numbers).

-2 modifier for attacking transports makes the final CSA roll a 5.

CSA inflicts 30% of their FP on the fleeing Terrans (0.25 FP after rounding)
TH inflicts 15% of their FP on the CSA interceptors (1.25 FP after rounding)

TH destroys the CSA interdiction force and flees the system.

Dis and/or Grae, please feel free to roll for salvage.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

GraeGor

not sure how many rolls need to be made, so will do two -one for each side

and sice Im not sure if there are any modifiers, please add to my results:

CSA - [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10[/blockquote]

TH - [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Salvage would strictly be CSA as you had control of the field at the end of the engagement. Add a +15% modifier for this being an Invasion type order.

So... 25% of the potential salvage is recovered.

GraeGor

covering my bases as it were...was my first "salvage" roll

and I have no clue as to how much was actually salvaged

Dave Baughman

Basically, you total up all the damage done in this operation, excluding any damage that was "overkill" (i.e. beyond the capacity of whatever took the hit). So, we'd have...

First round - 2.25 FP
Second round - N/A (militia dispersed and didn't engage)
Third round - 82.00 FP (after rounding)
Fourth round - 1.50 FP

Total damage for the operation: 85.75 FP

x0.25 = 21.50 RP after rounding

This RP can be used two ways:

• It can be converted directly into FP for field repairs of no more than 30% of any one unit's total FP. (example: 100 FP unit takes 50 FP of damage. 50 RP is salvaged; up to 30 RP of salvage (100 * 0.30) can be immediately converted into field repair FP)
  • Any salvage RP not used for field repair is added to your faction's income for the next turn.

GraeGor

thanks Dave

making a copy of that for future personal reference...now I just have to remember where I saved the Rules

will leave what is actually done with the salvage to Dis