Main Menu

[Combat Ops] Turn 10 - 1434 Hiratsuka [Complete]

Started by Fatebringer, January 21, 2011, 10:45:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

[Combat Ops] Turn 10 - 1434 Hiratsuka

Who started it was a matter of debate, but the talk is that it started in a bar when the mechwarriors of the 1st Gibson Avengers tried to recruit the other units under their banner to make an unschedules "visit" the worlds that were being gobbled up by the O-A when word got back to the other unit on planet. The only real fact we have is that Colonel Lamprey of the 15th Lesnovo Heavy Armor Division took command over the famed Gibson Avengers unit and had the Gibson's own Battle Armor Regiment  on detail to put the Mechwarrior Barracks under arrest in the name of the Prince. Things didn't work out according to plan after mech after mech started pouring forth from the mech bay, however they got out, they started helping their comrads get to mech bay and get more machines out.

REG

1st Gibson Avengers ("A" Medium Mech Regiment) - Ground

REG

15th Lesnovo Heavy Armor (Heavy Armor Regiment) - Ground
1st Gibson ASF (2x Heavy Air Wing) - Ground
1st Gibson Mobile Infantry (Battle Armor Regiment)- Ground

Fatebringer

Already mobilized and surrounding the barracks, the Armor Regiment called for the Air and Infantry to Support them.

Air Support Roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

"Angie! I know you can hear me damnit!  You don't have to do this! Come with us! Don't make us fight you!"

"The law is not in yours to command William, you haven't the right to do this. I pray the people will forgive you for what you've done."

"The people? Who do you think we're doing this for? We're not some thugs for hire! The people need us out there, need us to stop Humpheries, if the Prince can't see it, then we have to act without him!"

"I'm sorry William. I can't and your wrong for asking us to go against the Prince."

"I love you."

"I know."

The communications ceased as the Gibson Air and BA lined up to support the 15th.

<<Gibson Commander failed to convince the ASF and BA to switch sides>>

Initiative Round

1st Gibson Avengers

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

15th Lesnovo Armor

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

The Gibson ASF can field 30% of the Opposition's BV, which is all of them.

Fatebringer

REG

1st Gibson Avengers, ("A" Medium Mech Regiment - OS), V / R, 267 FP

REG

15th Lesnovo Armor (Heavy Armor Regiment), R / R, 90 FP
1st Gibson Avenger ASF (2x Heavy Air Wing), R / R, 52 FP
1st Gibson Avenger BA (Battle Armor Regiment), R / R, 25 FP

Combat Roll

1st Gibson Avengers: 267 FP

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8[/blockquote]

15th Lesnovo Armor: 165 FP

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

1st Gibson Avengers Crit Chance

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

While distributing overwelming Firepower, the Avengers focused on decomissioning the 15th Armor.

1st: 267 * .5 = 133 FP
15th: 165 * .2 = 33 FP

1st: 267 - 33 + 3 = 237 FP

15th: 90 - 90 = 0 Unit is Destroyed
1st BA 25 - 25 = 0 Unit Destroyed
1st ASF 52 - 18 = 34 FP

REG loses 1 PS due to destruction of TLU
REG loses 1 PS due to destruction of TLU

Damage was distributed by GM Rolls that followed Plot Reasons.

Avengers have a Decisive Victory over the others
Avenger ASF withdraws and the Mechs do not pursue

Fatebringer

"Don't beat yourself up William, Quintus and the boys chose their side. We're doing what's right."

"I know Simon, but at what cost?"

"Not as high as you might think, Angie's Riever was seen among those that bugged out. She's fine."

"Fine? Whatever happens with us in the future, it won't be fine. We're guilty of Mutiny and killing our own countrymen. And not like when our fathers went off charging against the Anduriens. No, these were Regulans, and they were fighting for the Prince."

"The Prince who'se trying to save his ass by handing his realm to a butcher!"

"I know. Any word on transport?"

"Nothing yet. We need to get moving though. I'm sure they'll be after us with a powerful will."

"That's safe to say. Tell me Quint, we're doing the right thing right?"

"You know better to even ask that William, we're doing the only thing."

"Right, get the dogs out there, have em pick up surivors and sweep up the trash. We'll need all we can get to keep us rolling."

Salvage Pool: 166

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6[/blockquote]