[RP/MM] Turn 44 Dark vs. TC Invasion (continued) -- 3340 Taurus

Started by Dave Baughman, November 18, 2010, 02:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Hell is not salvageable.

Any special orders (bombardment/nukes/etc) for next turn? Dark ground forces will attempt to escape via Break Interdiction orders, so I assume the Allies will offensively interdict? If not, please let me know what your strategy will be.

Also, I rolled the Allied combat roll purely as a courtesy. If you guys would prefer to roll it yourselves, please feel free - just post an addendum adjusting the damage dealt (though I can't see how the result of the Dark dying would change).
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

NVA

SLDF will not take part in any special orders of that nature.

Jeyar

The TC forces will do so, with anyone willing to help.

BTW - we are using 20% of the opponent's FP when using that result?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Jeyar on December 07, 2010, 11:49:16 AM
The TC forces will do so, with anyone willing to help.

BTW - we are using 20% of the opponent's FP when using that result?

That's what the critical chart indicates (I believe its always been that way, at least back to turn 20, though don't quote me as that was a long time ago!)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Jeyar

Just wanted to make sure. Not trying to hold things up at all.  :)

Fatebringer

The FS will absorb the .25 damage on the Avalon and does not take enough damage to lose any of their warships even if they failed a threat roll.

As The Dark have no forces left, we get back the 13 FP of forces.

The FS do not OB, but do establish an Interdiction to prevent the Dark forces from escaping. We invite the SL forces to join us on the line. (It is strongly suggested that you join us instead of following the TC's Orbital Bombarding ways)

Dave Baughman

64.75 FP of Dark ground forces attempt to break interdiction vs. the remaining 52.00 FP of allied space forces.

Dark break interdiction with +2 penalty
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 1, 3 + 2, total 6[/blockquote]

Allied interdiction with -2 bonsu
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6-2 : 4, 4 - 2, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Each side inflicts 25% on the other.

The Dark inflict 16 FP on the Allies

Allies inflict 13 FP on the Dark

The Dark inflicted sufficient damage to break the Allied interdiction and leave the system.

Jeyar

I am guessing that a salvage roll is needed?

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Thanks, I knew I missed something. With the +15 modifier for an Invasion scenario, it looks like you salvage 19%.