[RP/MM] Turn 45 Wolf's Dragoons Alpha vs SACS 1217 Loxley [Complete]

Started by Daemonknight, January 09, 2011, 11:22:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Sector 1217, Unnamed K-type Supergiant Star, 2.6 AUs distant.

Maeve Wolf stood on the deck of her command dropship, docked to the WDS Jaime Wolf, current flagship of the Wolf's Dragoons fleet, and also for the Dragoons Alpha Command. Glancing at the countdown timer, Colonel Wolf saw that she had 57 seconds before the final jump was to be made. She was excited to be working as a mercenary once more, her only hope was that their first mission would serve to tell the entire Inner Sphere that the Dragoons were still, and would ALWAYS be, THE mercenary unit.

She glanced up again, and grabed onto the railing.

Loxley System, Zenith Jump Point

Orders immediatly rapped out across the fleet, Maeve herself pushing down twords the mech bay, eager to run the final checks. A little under-strength for her tastes to be assaulting whole planets, but its what she has to work with. It was time to pay the Star Adders and their silly 'Steiner Protectorate' a visit they wouldn't soon forget.

Wolf's Dragoons Alpha Command moves in to take Loxley
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Daemonknight

Dragoon forces burn in system without any communications to the planet, and intend on blasting their way through the Adders.

Wolf's Dragoons Alpha Command, VIP: General Maeve Wolf
1st Dragoons Striker Regimental Combat Team
17 FP(Over-strength Mech Regiment)
11.75 FP(2x Armor Regiments)
1.5(2x Clan BA Battalions)

1st Dragoons Striker RCT: 30.25 FP

Deathrider6

The SACS will meet you with 33.5 FP ( includes aero on ground support @ 10 FP) of forces on the ground ( A straight up fight will do nicely).

There is also 20.75 FP aero (mixed Naval) but it is standing by for orders from higher authority. (See RP post below).

Deathrider6

Loxley (two days prior to Dragoons arrival).

Star Commadore Baas Truscott glared at the commander of the ground forces. "Do not presume to give ME orders freebirth scum. You may be a former Lyran General Star Colonel but your now know as Star Colonel and I am senior. If you wish to trial me for the use of my forces in this system's defense that is fine. I truly doubt that you will. It is also VERY unlikely that we will be engaged at this time or in the near future so your paranoia is baseless. Fool. I will message the urKhan for instructions if we are fortunate he will allow me to kill you."

Deathrider6

Loxley present...  

"Intruders, this is Star Commadore Baas Truscott of the SACS Hierophant your arrival here is foolish I give you two options surrender or leave this system at once. What say you?"

Daemonknight

General Maeve Wolf shook her head sadly.

"This is what happens when one forgets their heritage..." she whispered to herself. She walked over to the communications station on the bridge of the WDS Jaime Wolf.

"Star Commodore Bass Truscott, well met. I am Colonel Maeve Wolf, of the Wolf's Dragoons mercenary regiment. I ask you, why no option for honorable combat? Has the Star Adder fallen so low, that they do not even remember the way of Kerensky? You merely deal in threats and blustering, with not even a hint of the honor and prestige of your position? You are hardly the honorable Warrior Caste I was brought up to believe in, and it makes me wonder if perhaps the tales of the Star Adder's strength is likewise a lie.

If you wish to prove me wrong, send a wing of your heavy fighters, and I will match it, and we shall see who has the right to claim this world's skies."

Wolf's Dragoons Alpha Command, challeneges SACS Hierophant for air superiority/SafCon to/from the planetary surface. If the Hierophant's flyers win, Dragoons leave. If the Dragoons win, Hierophant leaves.

Daemonknight

Alpha Command combat roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]

Deathrider6

"Bargained and done. Alpha binairy feom the Heriophant will meet your unit (1FP).

Attack roll once engagement begins CSA/SACS [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]

Deathrider6

Daemonknight

A signal from the WDS Jaime Wolf indicates the Dragoons fleet is preping for departure, but before the final vessel winks out, the Heirophant recieves a burst-transmission from the jump point, voice-only, from General Wolf.

"Good to see there is still some honor left among you. Bargained well and done."

Dragoons leave the system