3071-3091 Q&A

Started by Daemonknight, August 13, 2011, 07:26:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Okay, so I know alot of people have various plot-point questions concerning the 20 year jump, and many of them were never officially/publicly addressed. Now that I have the ability to speak with the voice of GM authority, I'll answer what I can. Dave B is helping me craft it in a believeable way, but as with my GM update post, DO NOT DIRECT QUESTIONS TO DAVE!!

If you have specific plot questions pertaining to the events of the 20 year jump, or simply need a GM-sponsored answer to "what happened here?", post it, and we'll come up with an answer for you. But first, let me clear up a few major plot device points.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

1: The Word of Blake/Terran Hegemony

3071: As we saw at the end of the 62 game, Apollyon was voted from the THAC. Also at this time, there was an attempted reintegration/peace conference at Hilton Head between the WoB and ComStar. In actuality, WoB was strongarming the major ComStar precentors into an agreement that would place WoB on top of a reunited organization.

When Apollyon was voted from office, he immediatelly left for Hilton Head. Unbeknowst to him, the Dragoons' 7th Kommando was tailing him, suspecting foul play. Upon his arrival at Hilton Head, he ordered his Manei Domini and ROM agents to execute the ComStar Precentors. 7th Kommando arrived in time to see Apollyon leaving Hilton Head, too late to save the murdered Precentors. They followed him to the MD facility in Cairo, Egypt, where Sharilar Mori was being held captive. When 7th Kommando finally broke into the base, she was found dead in her cell, a laser burn in her forehead.

Calling in Dragoons aerospace assets, the dropship taking off from the base was engaged in low orbit and shot down. Offical TH and Dragoons records indicate that the high Manei Domini leadership, along with Apollyon was killed in the attack.(Unconfirmed and unoffical reports indicate that Apollyon's body was never positively identified. The voracity of these documents was put into question when the TH was thrown into turmoil).

3071-3074: Following that action, the Wolf's Dragoons under General Maeve Wolf led the THAF in a massive sweep-and-clear campaign against the WoB and Manei Domini within the Hegemony. While many were killed, it is confirmed that many fled into the war-torn Lyran Commonwealth, still in the throes of its Civil War.

3074(?): While the WoB forces were confirmed to have fled in the direction of the LC, the Civil War made it nearly impossible to track the ships. It was highly likely that the WoB forces made for the secret Gabriel Naval Base. However, when combined Lyran and Jade Falcon forces found the base in early 3076, the base was empty and stripped of all useful equipment. The little bit that was left, was deliberately sabotaged to be useless.

The current whereabouts of the WoB survivors is unknown.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Daemonknight

2: The Scientist Caste Conspiracy

Despite massive effort by the ICW, and individual Clan Watches, the whereabouts of the main body of the Conspiracy is unknown. A small, but significant base near the Veil of the Protector was discovered by ICW recon teams in 3074, and a massive multi-Clan force was assembled to deal with the base. While Clan casualties in space were light, the Scientist defenders put up a fierce, but futile resistance. Recovered from the base, were the genetic legacies of the Jade Falcon founders, aswell as Nicholas and Aleksander Kerensky. Other more minor blood legacies were recovered, but several legacies are still unaccounted for.

Since their disappearance in the early 3070s, there have been no sightings of the disgraced Goliath Scorpion Clan.

Daemonknight

3: The Dark

The FS continued to combat the Dark into mid-3077. However, in April of 3076, Arthur Steiner-Davion appeared and took direct command of the AFFS forces in the Davion Outback. Thanks to Arthur's brilliant strategic acumen, the AFFS forces were able to predict the actions of the Dark at every turn, delivering a flawless string of major victories. DMI and MIIO were unable to replicate the intelligence developed by Arthur's personal staff(many rumored to be former Manei Domini themselves).

The final battle took place over the ashes of Randis IV. The AFFS Navy was severely damaged, but was able to obliterate the few remaining Dark warships. The few survivors that made it to the Randis surface were met with a savage 36 hour orbital bombardment that left Randis a charred husk of a world(its population having been devestated by the Dark years earlier).

Daemonknight

4: The Rim Worlds Republic

During the turmoil of the Lyran Civil War, the RWR was relatively quiet. Daphne Rowe and Peter Steiner were biding their time, when a sudden coup saw the Bolan regional capital, aswell as a large swathe of RWR worlds, declare their allegiance to the Captain-General. Seeing the RWR fragmenting, the Lyran Archon, Robert Kelswa-Steiner, dispatched the 1st Skye Strike Fleet to the Huesta system to establish a base of operations and pacify the area for the Commonwealth.

As Rowe's forces assembled to face the Lyran threat, a suprise attack by the Clan Spirit Cat smashed into their open spinward flank. The Rim World Republican Army was unable to about-face in time to prevent the Spirit Cats from taking a number of major worlds, including the national capital of Apollo. However, as the Spirit Cats arrived at the Presidential Palace, no sign could be found of Rowe or Peter Steiner. Medical records stated that Rowe was 4 months pregnant, but no other records about the duo could be discovered.

A brief stand off ensued, with the Lyran naval task force station on Huesta and pushing outward. Much of the RMRA made for the Huesta system, only to surrender to their Lyran brothers, thinking this choice preferable to being captured by the invading Clans. The FWL took this time to solidify it's political hold on the region.

Dave Baughman

5. The Search for the Coyotes

The last lead in the search for Clan Coyote was the discovery of Ancestral Home's broken hulk in the periphery region north-northeast of the Draconis Combine. The Battleship, which had been hastily refitted with a jump drive during the Coyote Abjuration, appeared to have suffered a catastrophic misjump that broke her spine. Watch agents found that the ship had been systematically stripped years ago, including the total removal of her computer cores and navigational records.

Since the discovery of Ancestral Home, no reliable leads on the ultimate fate of the Coyotes have been discovered.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

6. The Coalition of Periphery States

After the defeat of the Dark and the general simmering-down of tensions in the Inner Sphere, the internal disputes that had always lurked below the surface in the COPS escalated into a major disagreement about funding levels. Unable to reach an agreement on maintaining a sustainable budget and suffering from continued bad blood of the Canopus Affair, the COPS had its last face-to-face policy level meeting in 3081. Two years later, the COPS failed to pass a budget and all non-essential operations were suspended. In 3085, a final conference for the explicit purpose of disposing of the COPS assets was convened on Detroit.

One month after this conference, the COPS assets passed to the states within which they were located and the organization disbanded.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

7. The Draconis Combine

(note: this is a bit of a retcon, sorry for the inconvenience)

Draconis Relations with the Terran Hegemony and the Star League started to deteriorate in 3071 after the TH walked out of Combine-sponsored peace talks with the Dominion. The subsequent execution of Sharilar Mori by Apollyon literally minutes before the Coordinator arrived in an effort to secure her release only exacerbated the breach. By 3073 Combine forces had pulled out of the Lyran theater to focus on defending the Draconis homeland against a notional invasion from the Dominion or the Horse Alliance.

In 3076, the Draconis Combine closed its borders to all foreign travel. While the Combine ambassador still attends Star League council meetings and some limited high-level government contacts exist (for example, to facilitate occasional resupply runs from the Dominion to their enclave on Avon), almost no news has come out of the Combine in fifteen years.

The current Coordinator is named Kitsune Kurita; his lineage and history are unknown. Most analysts speculate that he is Minoru Kurita's son, but the Combine government refuses to disclose any information beyond his name. There were rumors of civil unrest of some sort in the early 3080s and more recently during the summer of 3090, but the details and outcome are unknown.