[RP-Combat Ops] Turn 3 LA vs CSA - 1220 Vendrell, Trial [Complete]

Started by Daemonknight, August 14, 2011, 05:55:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

As with Noisel, an almost token force was dispatched to take the less significant planet in the sector.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Seven regiments of infantry were more than adequate to exterminate the militia guarding Vendrell, no matter how perturbed they were by the lack of a formal batchall. Despite this, the local militia at least tried to put up a defense, but any hope of a coordinated effort fell apart when Lyran paratroopers dropped onto the Adder command post during the third night of the seige. With their commanders killed or captured, the campaign degenerated into a series of independent engagements where the overwhelming Lyran numbers proved decisive.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.