[RP/MM] Turn 51,2243 Dunianshire , Manei Domini vs MoC - Raid [Complete]

Started by Daemonknight, October 17, 2011, 09:25:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

The recent flare up with the Taurians had put the Magistracy Armed Forces on edge, and border patrols had been more vigilant. So it was quite a suprise when unregistered jumpships appeared at the Zenith jump point and immediately disgorged military dropships, on a straight burn for the planet.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Parmenion

It was my understanding that the thread posting deadline was the 16th of Oct.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Parmenion on October 18, 2011, 10:16:04 AM

It was my understanding that the thread posting deadline was the 16th of Oct.

You are correct. We can do this two different ways, and its your call.

Option #1: the raid never happens.
Option #2: we roll out the raid but apply a penalty to the Manei Domini initiative and raid insertion rolls.

Let me know how you want to proceed.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Parmenion

Merely pointing out the lateness of the posting, Dave.  Happy to conform with the other periphery scenarios (ie... no roll penalties for MD).

Will need initiative for arrival though. MoC:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Manei Domini fighters raid the system before the MOC fleet arrives.

One nuke at the RS, one nuke at the SY

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Point defense stops the missile attack, and the small force of Terran-model fighters doesn't stick around for a second pass. Days later, the MOC fleet arrives to find the the system in an uproar be thankfully almost no casualties.