[RP/MM] Turn 51, 0724 Huesta, Manei Domini vs LA [Complete]

Started by Daemonknight, October 15, 2011, 06:19:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

This area of the Alliance had been quiet since the LAAF had begun its invasion of the Adder Commonwealth. However, now unregistered ships were entering one of the few large shipyards rimward of Tharkad. Needless to say, the Alliance went to immediate red alert.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Dave Baughman

Quixote-class Frigate LAS Glory moves to intercept the incoming enemy forces.

17.25 FP on defensive interdiction.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

49th Shadow Division Aerospace ☢☢ E/F 10.25 FP engages Glory

Special Scenario: ☢☢ spend for two rolls of 2d6 damage against Glory.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Glory is reduced to a burning cinder by the Alamo missiles; the handful of fighters she was able to launch before the nukes hit are quickly overwhelmed by the Manei Domini.

0.25 FP of Lyran aero engages 10.25 FP of MD

Lyrans [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

MD [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

MD crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

LC damage rounds down to zero.

MD damage is more than enough to wipe out the Lyran squadron.

As the last Seydlitz tumbles uncontrolled into the planetary gravity well, several combined-arms level IIIs assault the shipyards and its supporting ground facilities. The Huesta militia do their best to defend but are clearly outmatched.

MD Orders: Destroy Resources Raid
Target: SY

10.00 FP of mixed forces from the 49th Shadow Division attack

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6[/blockquote]

Militia defend

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Militia are wiped out.

MD sustain 0.50 FP of losses.

DRR result [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

one shipyard offline for 5 turns.

Manei Domini withdraw from the system.

Dave Baughman

Horrors of War check

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 5 + 2, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman