[RP/MM] Turn 51, CJF vs. CIH - 1714 The Lair *Turning Point* [Complete]

Started by Dave Baughman, October 17, 2011, 01:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

This is a placeholder post for now, details to follow.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Racing to break the Lyran spearhead, the Hellion navy bursts through the Twycross corridor and arrives at The Lair just as the Falcons' WarShips catch up. With tens of thousands of civilians onboard the all-too-fragile space station, the Hellions must turn the tide in order to save their people.

Meanwhile, throughout the systems still under Hellion control, the Falcons descend once again in search of their prey. The only hope for continued, organized resistance is the victory of their fleet at The Lair, making it a crucial turning point in the theatre...

Scenario: naval stars clash for control of The Lair.

For the Falcons...

CJFS Emerald Talon   Nightlord   LFB Mobile   Regular   Reliable   26.25
CJFS Gauntlet   Liberator   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable      36
CJFS Jade Talon   Aegis (Clan)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   29.5
CJFS Gold Talon   Aegis (Clan)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   28
CJFS Turkina's Pryde   Cameron (Clan)   LFB Mobile   Regular   Reliable   12.25
2nd Alliance Raptor Wing   Independent Wing   LFB Mobile   Elite   Reliable   11

143 FP total

For the Hellions...

Gamma Naval Star   Thunderer   Monsoon (LFB)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   30
Gamma Naval Star   Thunderer Support   Odyssey   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   18,5
Gamma Naval Star   Álvaro de Bazán   Quixote   Mobile   Regular   Reliable   19,5
Gamma Naval Star   Ryūhō   Samarkand (Block I)   Mobile   Regular   Reliable   21,75
Gamma Naval Star   Ikazuchi   Lola III (SLDF)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   8
Gamma Naval Star   Ikazuchi Support   Tramp (LFB)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable      8,5
Gamma Naval Star   Rising Star   Baron   Mobile   Regular   Reliable         4
Gamma Naval Star   Rising StarSupport   Comitatus   Mobile   Regular   Reliable      2,75

113 FP

If time permits I would prefer this be played out in MegaMek, but simple rez will work fine too.

Scoring is fairly straightforward - if the Jade Falcons win, they will destroy The Lair and severely disrupt the Hellions' already-shaken supply lines. If the Hellions are triumphant, they will be able to stall the Falcon advance at least until the beginning of November.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

143 Falcons vs. 113 Hellions

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 3, total 4
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

CJF inflicts 28.50 FP, reducing the Hellions to 84.50 FP. Damage control restores the Hellions to 86.25.
CIH inflicts 34.00 FP, reducing the Falcons to 109.0 FP. Damage control restores the Falcons to 112.50.

Round 2: 112.50 Falcons vs. 86.25 Hellions

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

CJF inflicts 28.25 FP, reducing the Hellions to 58.00 FP. Damage control restores the Hellions to 60.75 FP.
CIH inflicts 34.50 FP, reducing the Falcons to 78.00 FP. Damage control restores the Falcons to 81.50 FP.

Round 3, 81.50 Falcons vs. 60.75 Hellions

Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

CJF inflicts 16.25 FP, reducing the Hellions to 44.50 FP. Damage control restores the Hellions to 46.25 FP
CIH inflicts 18.25 FP, reducing the Falcons to 63.25 FP. Damage control restores the Falcons to 65.00 FP

Round 4: 65 Falcons vs. 46.25 Hellions

Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Falcons inflict 13.00 FP, reducing the Hellions to 33.25. Damage control restores the Hellions to 34.50 FP
Hellions inflict 18.50 FP, reducing the Falcons to 46.50. Damage control restores the Falcons to 48.25 FP

Round 5: 48.25 Falcons vs. 34.50 Hellions

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 5, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Falcons inflict 19.25 FP, reducing the Hellions to 15.25 FP. Damage control restores the Hellions to 17.25 FP
Hellions inflict 10.25 FP, reducing the Falcons to 38.00 FP. Damage control restores the Falcons to 39.00 FP

Round 6: 39.00 FP Falcons vs. 17.25 FP Hellions

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Falcons inflict 11.75 FP, reducing the Hellions to 5.50 FP. Damcon to 6.75 FP.
Hellions inflict 5.25 FP, reducing the Falcons to 33.75 FP. Damcon to 34.25 FP.

Survival Rolls

For the Falcons...

CJFS Emerald Talon   Nightlord   LFB Mobile   Regular   Reliable   26.25
CJFS Gauntlet   Liberator   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable      36
CJFS Jade Talon   Aegis (Clan)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   29.5
CJFS Gold Talon   Aegis (Clan)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   28
CJFS Turkina's Pryde   Cameron (Clan)   LFB Mobile   Regular   Reliable   12.25

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]

For the Hellions...

Gamma Naval Star   Thunderer   Monsoon (LFB)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   30
Gamma Naval Star   Álvaro de Bazán   Quixote   Mobile   Regular   Reliable   19,5
Gamma Naval Star   Ryūhō   Samarkand (Block I)   Mobile   Regular   Reliable   21,75
Gamma Naval Star   Ikazuchi   Lola III (SLDF)   LFB Mobile   Veteran   Reliable   8
Gamma Naval Star   Rising Star   Baron   Mobile   Regular   Reliable         4

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11
Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5
Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Scenario Outcome: Clan Ice Hellion Victory

Against the odds, the Hellions held out against the superior Jade Falcon WarShips. Ikazuchi and Rising Star were both lost near the end of the battle, but the entire Jade Falcon star was badly damaged, and the arrival of Hellion reinforcements at the start of November forced the invaders to withdraw from the system - at least temporarily.

With Hellion supply lines intact, the remaining worlds in the Machida-Morges corridor were able to hold off the Falcon invaders, bogging down those worlds into a series of deadly quamires. The eventual loss of Alyina and Morges were sorely felt, however, and as the month of October drew to a close there was a sense that the days ahead would only be getting more dificult.