Rule Update: Upgrading Intro-Tech Facilities

Started by Daemonknight, May 25, 2012, 03:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

Previously, you upgraded facilities from Intro-Tech to Tech I by running the 'Design Theory: Tier I' research path for each individual facilitity. This seems kinda...stupid, if I can be honest. It makes no sense for a research facility to be expending its effort upgrading individual production lines.

Instead, researching Tier I allows you to retool your existing facilities to Tech I, aswell as makes any new construction Tech I capable.

To retool an existing facility: take the facility offline for 1 turn, and pay half it's construction cost.

ex: to upgrade a single MF on Skye, the LC would need to take the MF offline for 1 turn(cannot use it to produce FP, nor can you FP funnel from it), and pay 12 RP. In turn 2, it is ready to begin churning out Tech I designs(if the faction has any in it's Faction Armory).

Also, please note guys that YOU are responsible for keeping your Armories updated. I would like to see a new tab on people's sheets detailing what they do and do not have access to, but I will not require it at this time. When factions begin unlocking Tech I designs, it will become a requirement. It's upto you if you wish to start now or then.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade