Datamining is fun!

Started by Daemonknight, July 19, 2010, 10:24:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

So, i was perusing the BSG section of Combat Operations(not sure if anyone else has it), and I came across a very interesting set of lists. Its the complete listing of equipment, broken down by Faction.

It lists every single mech, aerospace fighter, small ship, dropship, warship, jumpship, infantry squad, BA, and Protomech in the game: each faction has it's list filled with it's own personal production, the era the model began mass production, and in the pertinent cases, which era the model was last seen as a mass-produced product.

Not sure if anyone is interested in getting their faction's list, but if anyone wants it(Dave, not sure if it'd help you out to know who cannocially has what availible to them), but I will be glad to copy/paste anyone their own faction's list, and the corresponding general list. The lists are updated to late 3067.

The lists are:
Star Leauge-2750
IS General(and  every IS House and the FFR)
Clan General(and every Clans, plus WiE)
Star Leauge-3061(and ComStar, WoB)
Mercenary General
Prehiphery General(Magistry, Outworlds, Marians, Taurians, Circinus)

The only downside is that the BVs listed are BV1, but it lists the unit's BV1, tonnage, C-Bill cost and Era(Present = 3067+)
I am potentially going to start transferring the lists to a Open Office database(so its easily searchable), and as that project progresses, I'll make it availible to anyone who wants it.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

DisGruntled

Before you do all that work, you do know about the faction list quiaff?

http://pages.cs.wisc.edu/~lacasse/factionlist/

It's a bit out of date, but has most everything except the newest releases and might make a good starting point.  IIRC it is missing most of the BV 2 stuff as well though.

Daemonknight

Interesting...but it gave me a headache, lol. Thats the problem with doing it in a text editor: you have issues with it all lining up.

And the benefit of the lists that I have, is that it seperates out who has what and when. Example: CJF List Aerospace fighters: there is the Scytha and...Sabutai?? I forget if thats it or not. Regardless, they dont show up on any other lists, because on the Falcons manufacture them. The list I see there is just for everything a faction has access to. And factions will always have access to more than what they produce, because of trade and multi-national stance of many IS companies.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

tassa_kay

The FGC game started in 3062, and that list would be wildly inaccurate, since many new designs were never researched by their parent faction at all, or they were researched by someone else... trust me, it's a mess.

DisGruntled

It's still a good starting point if you import it into excel.  After that it's not hard at all to weed out the designs that are from 3062 or later.  It doesn't include production data, but with some easy excel sorting / mass deleting it would give you a good base to start.  Much more so then manually inputing it all.

Daemonknight

Yeah but I have free time, so I don't mind doing it manually. The one and only benefit of no job: you have the time to do random projects.