MM/RP ToP Blood Spirit/ Nueva Castille-Ummyadds DP 1405 Castille Invasion *COMP*

Started by chaosxtreme, July 22, 2010, 07:13:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

chaosxtreme

And with a bright flash of light an Armada of Blood Spirit Jumpships burst into existence at the Zenith of the Castille System

Dave Baughman

Compared to the other systems the Spirits visited, the quality of the radio transmission is better - though the tone is no friendlier.

intrusos Atención: este es el control del tráfico aéreo Castilla. Somos un seguimiento de sus buques y unidades navales salida para interceptar si usted no identificarse de inmediato.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

tassa_kay

A terse reply is sent from the flag JumpShip, though (unknown to the receiver) the response has been prerecorded.  It is beamcast directly to the world of Castile on an open channel, so that it is received by the entire planet.

The holoimage of a woman appears, easily six feet tall, with long golden tresses framing a face of severe beauty that could have been carved from stone.  She is sheathed in a skintight blood-red bodysuit from banded collar to glossy, knee-high black boots, and a liquid-like red strip runs from the neck down her left side, with only a blood-red, marbleized Cameron Star worn on the left breast serving as the only decoration.  On the left side of the collar is worn a red daggerstar denoting her position as a MechWarrior, and on the right side is worn a red teardrop of enameled metal, inside of which is a marbelized white daggerstar denoting her rank as Khan.  On her right shoulder is worn the insignia of her Clan, and the insignia of the Blood Guard Keshik is worn on her left shoulder.  Finally, a reversible black and red half-cape is attached at her shoulders.

"People of the Castilian Principalities and the Umayyad Caliphate!  I am Adrianna Schmitt, Khan of Clan Blood Spirit.  Doubtless you are aware of the Clans of Kerensky, and know this: we are aware of you as well.  We have been watching you for months, studying you, to better understand you and your people, your way of life.  And as surely as you are aware of the Clans, you are aware that we can arrive at any time we please and conquer you by force.  If you do not know this truth already, you will quickly learn it once you turn your eyes to the skies and to the forces we bring to bear.  Know this, understand this, and suffer no illusions regarding your chances against us on the field of battle.

"But I do not come to you this day as conqueror.  When we were brought together and molded by the hand of our Founder, Nicholas Kerensky, he intended Clan Blood Spirit to stand for something greater than itself: he intended for us to stand for the brotherhood that unites *all* of us together, and to lead the way into a brighter future than any that we could have foreseen.  And while the other Clans of Kerensky have fallen into darkness and despair, our founders made a vow never to forget the trust, honor, and spirit that brought them together, and to always carry with us the fire of belonging to something so much greater than ourselves.

"We know that your people, both the Castillians and the Umayyads, have been engaging each other in conflict for so long that you remember nothing else.  But we would offer you a better way.  A way for you not only to recover from the wars that have kept you from growing and thriving, but a way to prosper and advance as never before.  A way for you to benefit from all that we have to offer, just as we would benefit from all that you have to offer to us.  And a way for you to exact justice upon those who have worked to keep you in perpetual conflict with each other for profit: the dishonorable merchants of the Hanseatic League.

"We know well how you have enjoyed the embrace of isolation, and how you have set yourselves apart from the madness and greed and constant warfare that has consumed the Inner Sphere.  And we know that you have tasted the treachery of those who only seek to profit from your misery.  Know that we, too, understand these things all too well.  We are beset by enemies in every corner, and in our efforts to find sanctuary away from their treachery and opportunism, our eyes fell upon you... and though it surprised me most of all to realize, we saw kindred spirits in your peoples.  We saw ourselves.

"I wish to meet with the
principes of the Castillian Principalities and the atabegs of the Umayyad Caliphate, as well as the Castillian King and the Umayyad Caliph, to discuss how we might embark on a new future together.  It is my wish that we can come to an arrangement that will satisfy all parties, and allow us to move forward without the need for wasteful and destructive warfare.  And I stand ready to make this vow to each and every one of you today: my Clan and I will pledge ourselves to your safety, your protection, and your prosperity.

"Seyla!"

With that, the Blood Spirit JumpShips took up station-keeping stances, waiting on baited breath for the inevitable response.

Dave Baughman

After only four days of waiting, the Blood Spirits receive a transmission identical to the one sent to their comerades in the other two systems.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

tassa_kay

After only an hour of waiting (Clan efficiency at its finest), a response trasmission identical to that sent in the Valencia system is forwarded to the Castillians on the world of Castille below.  The Spirits then take up station-keeping at the jump point, but otherwise commit to no hostile action.