Main Menu

[Combat Ops] Hex 3722, Elidere DC vs FS - Incursion

Started by Daemonknight, September 09, 2010, 04:24:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

A flash appeared at the nadir jump point, and a host of transport jumpships began disgorging their cargo.

"Defenders of Elidere, this is Colonel Jasmine Xi, Ryuken-roku regiment. Surrender your stolen planet, or suffer the consequences of your warmongering and theivery!"
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Fatebringer

Intiative Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9[/blockquote]
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Fatebringer

When the Ryuken-Roku ran across the fields and claimed the ground for the Draconis Combine, they found the same thing they found on every other planet, no one to oppose them. But then, in the skies above Elidere, Yvonne's forces began to emerge.

"Draconis forces, the First Prince graciously kept our forces out of this sector and respected that the claim to this land would be settled in the courts of the Republic. Since you decided not to wait, neither shall we! Prepare for Battle

OOC: To be continued. I only have "Trial" Microsoft Office on my new Laptop. Will get forces posted to resolve asap. Feel Free to RP.

Daemonknight

Admiral Masaru Miyake was sipping warm sake when the alarms began ringing. Calmly placing the porcelain cup down on his command pulpit, he walked to the sensor station to see what was causing this comotion. There had been a nearly constant stream of jump traffic of late, between the DCMS military forces moving to Misery and Elidere, and the civilian ships moving to Thestria. However, this time, the IFF readings were not a friendly color.

"Battle stations. Warm up the main batteries, Marines to prepare to repel boards, and get our fighters into the black. Give me 60% to our engines, course 190.00, declination 02.25, and give me 10x magnification of the Nadir jump point on tactical screen 3." The well drilled bridge crew of the DCA Draconis Rift jumped to obey the admiral's orders, and soon a Federated Suns battlegroup could be seen jumping into the area. He heard the transmission broadcast from the FedSun battlegroup, and smiled cruelly.

"Tight-beam transmission to the surface of Misery, Elidere and Thestria: we will occupy these Feddies and attempt to prevent their landings. They need to make preparations to defend their new holdings. I have no doubt the Feddies are not going to be content with a single wave of counter-attacks." He returned to his pulpit, and topped off his sake from the clay bottle. He raised his cup to the crew in salute, and drained the hot liquid in a single swallow, feeling it's warmth move through his body, and knew that only part of the warmth was from the alcohol.

"Open a channel to the Federated Suns battlegroup. Federated Suns forces, this is Admiral Masaru Miyake, and you are tresspassing on Draconis Combine territory without authorization. I care not what the First Prince graciously does or does not, but the simple fact is that these worlds rightfully belong to the Combine, and we have been charged with returning them to the fold. If you do not turn around and return to FS space immediatly, I can garuntee that no matter what the Coordinator or First Prince have planned, you will die under the guns of the Draconis Rift, and will never set foot on your target planets." With a simple gesture, the recorders stoped and the transmission packet was sent.

"Time untill a firing solution can be obtained Lieutenant?"

His weapons officer, Lieutenant Hannah Jameson, responded after a moment's consultation with the firing control computer. "3 hours untill maximum effective range Admiral."

Now all that could be done was to wait...

Fatebringer

Seeing the skies above Elidere occupied so heavily, the Federated Suns forces see their outmatched if they attemped to opose the landing.

"Those Dracs must be working overtime to keep a ship like that in service."

"Don't worry Mac, arrangements have been made. Those Dracs won't hold the skies forever. Give them this moment. The war is far from over..."

The Federated Suns leave he system.