Lyran Commonwealth IC Roleplaying Thread

Started by Dave Baughman, March 16, 2010, 08:50:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DXM

Camp Aldo, Arc Royal
Lyran Commonwealth

Francisco de Argall looked up into Arc Royal's cloudless night sky.  Some of what looked like stars were obviously moving across the black background, which meant that the ships in the planet's orbit were probably suffering the same divisiveness that Arc Royal's ground garrison was.

Colonel Allister MacGregor, his armor brigade commander, stomped up next to him.  "Loading's complete.  Took a damn while, though."

De Argall nodded.  "We knew it would.  But loading at night without the use of vehicle headlights gives us stealth.  No one can know we're packing up."

"I don't know why we don't just stay here," MacGregor said.  "We can smash this flop of an Estates General --"

"No," de Argall said with an air of futility.  It was obvious they'd had this conversation before.  "We don't know who else here-abouts is rooting for whom.  I'd rather make my escape and then look to ops after we're safely away."

"Hmph."  MacGregor joined de Argall in watching the starry ballet for a moment.  "So you've got a plan, then."

"Me?  No."  He took a folded sheet of paper from his fatigues' breast pocket and handed it over.  "But Adam Steiner does."

MacGregor opened the page and read it.  "Well.  No shit.  Orders are orders, eh?"

Deathrider6

Donegal, LCAFPHQ, Aug 24th 3069

"We'll have to make do, Dieter. What we got is what we got we can always build and train more. Craig told me your report was coming..we'll pull back what we can as per the Orders I sent earlier this month. Right now Robert wants to consoldate what we have and keep military ops to defensive level at this point."
Dieter nodded.
 "I would assume we will be doing what we can to assist on Tharkad as well Herr general?"
Daniel smiled thinly.
"Indeed we will be doing just that."

Deathrider6

LCS Simon Marsden, Tharkad, Nadir Jump-point Aug 26th 3069.

Flag Kaptain Hendrik Lutjens checked the forces status for his "Squadron". "All units report that they have personnel on planet assisting with the relief effort. They also report that they are ready and awaiting further orders." His exec looked back down at his noteputer. "They also are ready to recall personnel at your command Kaptain. Their decon teams and medical staff are ready to recieve casualties. On a side note the CO of thewArluna is under arrest apparently the XO charged her with attempted barratry." Lutjens eyebrows went up.

"Interesting developent there. Keep me posted and tell him I want a charge sheet sent to me and have our JA ready to head over there to look into it as well as send a message to Donegal. I'm sure they will be interested to know as wel also ensure that all ships are at condition one I don't want to be caught napping if this turns into a fight."

Deathrider6

Donegal

* Message*

CRITIC-TRAFFIC

TO:1LCNFLTDONEGAL
CC:LCAFPHQDONEGAL

ALL UNITS ARE AT CONDITION 1 ROE LIMA ONE ELEMENTS OF PERSONNEL ARE ASSISTING WITH RELIEF EFFORTS ON THARKAD REPORTS OF CASUALTIES ARE HIGH WILL CONINUE SAR/RELIEF UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE OR RECIEPT OF MOVEORD FROM CINC DONEGAL OR HIGHER AUTHORITY. CO ARLUNA UNDER ARREST FOR GROSS MISCONDUCT. WILL ADVISE ON INVESTIGATION.

LUTJENS

EOM

Rear Admiral Jessica Doenitz ripped the message off the printer and headed next door she needed to inform General Russell what "His Navy" was up to.

august

Office of the Landsgrafin, Arc Royal

Sharon Mulcahy resisted the temptation to hurl her noteputer across the room; destroying it might have served as neat proxy for the person of the Archduchess MacAulliffe, whose words it displayed, but with the manufacturer on the other side of the Commonwealth, who knew if it could easily be replaced anymore? A litany of mental curses was neatly interrupted by a curt knock on the open door. Without waiting for a response, the door cracked and Agnes Esterhazi entered. Sharon bit back her displeasure – if anyone could be allowed such confidence before her, it was her assistant Agnes. Capable despite her relative youth, and to the best of her knowledge, utterly loyal if possessed of a worrisome ambition, she had been Mulcahy's one relief in the face of the crisis and the blubbering idiots of the Estates General who were her instrument of addressing it. "Landsgrafin," she intoned in a voice tempered with confidence, "I have the reports on the LCAF's readiness."

Sharon sighed. No doubt one bit of bad news after another. "Is it as bad as we expected?"

"Arguably worse. There have been defections amongst the Arc Royal garrison, and those units reporting to us are, how shall I say, in a less than ideal position. As we imagined, there is a disproportionate number of romantics in the LCAF – it is apparently preferable to listen to Robert's platitudes or to sign on to some brand of revolutionary fervor than to do their duty to the people." Agnes set a stack of papers onto the proud desk that had once belonged to Morgan Kell, not entirely succeeding in keeping the worry from her face.

Sharon briefly scanned the overview on top of the stack, finding a neat textual summary of a nightmare. "Perhaps that bitch from Arluna has a point... there has been no word from the Star League?"

"None, Your Grace. The Leaguers are presumably blocking our ambassador, and there's no word if the local commanders are going to respect our rights. There's been some grumbling from the Davion contingent, even after we released from prison those idiot mechwarriors of theirs who were praising Donegal."

"Agnes, stay here a moment. I need you to personally deliver a message to the Delegates. We may have to reappraise our strategy." Esterhazi's brown eyes flicked towards the wall, unable to train on her superior. She nodded without saying a word and retreated to the room outside, unease breaking through on her face.

Deathrider6

LCS Simon Marsden, Nadir Jumppoint Aug 27th 3069.

"I have jump signatures...multiple jump signatures with no emergence waves. I repeat no emegence waves. Looks like someone just left." Flag Kaptain Lujtens looked over at the tech.
"Get me idents on what left if at all possible. Continue scanning. I want CAP up and a waring message sent to our teams on the surface." He turned to his Exec. "Commander get a message off to HQ let them know what has happened."

Deathrider6

Donegal, Aug 27th 3069

Colonel Lowell checked the flimsy. Hmm. Looks like I'll have to get with the bosas on this one. Looks like Maddy got caught and is probably something stupid. He walked right into General Russell's office.
"Daniel, I have teo items that might interest you. Madeline von Schrakenberg has been arrested and charged with barratry and some ships have jumped out of the Tharkad System. No Ident on those yet but the Marsden is working on doping that data out for us." Daniel sighed.
  "Craig, get Maria in here in 30 minutes I'll tell her what she needs to do."

chaosxtreme

Arc-Royal
Free Worlds Cantonment

Good afternoon Baroness Carlyle, I thank you for taking the time out of your busy schedule to meet with I assure I shall not waste your time."

"Your not going to waste my time, my son's a Royal Guard, my husband is the Baron Glengarry. What exactly makes you think the Grey Death will break contract and sign on with you?"

"One, if you were completely uninterested you wouldn't be here."

"Two, who are you going to work for if not the Free Worlds Baroness Carlye? Bobby K-S who's independence movement you've spent most of your recent career  slapping down? How about the so called Estates General who stripped Morgan Kell of his lands and title's for not signing back on without even making him a contract offer?"

"In short madam, what reputable options DO you have? Look we pay well, we pay on time and we uphold our contracts if that old bitty of a bean counter gives you a hard time we will sick more lawyers on her then she has men in uniform. You know we have the best offer on the table and that's why your here. "

"Oh and number four, we actually have our house in order unlike any of the Lyran claimants. Well I suppose you could of course go work for House Kurita but..."

"But we hate them more then you."

"Exactly, I'm glad you have decided to be reasonable about this and cheer up. Duke Robert is shaping up to be quite the friend of the Free Worlds interests in this Lyran unfortunateness."

"Assuming of course the Grey Death Legion were to take service with the Captain-General." said Carlye through gritted teeth.

"Yes, assuming that of course we can't very well burn up political capital and hard won good will on those who have not clearly...how shall I say chosen the right side?"

"...Well I won't say I'm entirely pleased with your negotiation tactics but...*sigh* you have just hired yourself the Grey Death Legion."

"Splendid I shall send word to Atreus immediately in the meantime report to General Sir De Sousa for briefing. A pleasure doing buisness with you Baroness"

august

PUBLIC STATEMENT OF THE ESTATES GENERAL
PRIORITY A/FOR DISTRIBUTION TO ALL THE PUBLIC

Citizens of the Lyran Commonwealth,

Destructive rumors have been circulating regarding the role of Free Worlds League troops serving under the banner of the Star League in the Commonwealth. In an effort to combat the lying tongues that would drag our threatened nation to the grave, it is imperative that all citizens know the unfiltered truth of the situation. As of August 3069, the Ambassador of the Free Worlds League to the legal government of the Estates General has been expelled, on account of the League's refusal to recognize Lyran sovereignty. The Marik traitors have extended recognition as well as material support to the separatist traitors and the avaricious nobles who extend absurd claims the archonate, an illegal action according to the treaties signed between our nation and theirs.

In short, they want to see the worlds of the Commonwealth burn, because it suits them. They watch with baited breath, the gaze of the perverted voyeur ready to draw pleasure from the needless death of the Lyran people before the clan juggernaut.

In response to the unfortunate but necessary expulsion of their ambassador, League troops under the banner of the Star League have abandoned their posts in the Arc-Royal region. They have put a pathetic power-grab on the part of House Marik before the defense of the Inner Sphere against the despotic clan menace; they were not ordered away, they abandoned the Lyran State when it refused to cave to their pathetic demands.

KNOW THIS:

The separatists as well as the Archon-pretenders are, in fact, League Puppets. They care only for themselves and would sell all that we have built to Marik that they might have their own private anthills rather than the mountain of Lyran strength.

The Free Worlds League is content to leave citizens of the Inner Sphere to die in order to enforce its own short-sighted gains. Expect them to capitulate to the clans when their forces next meet; they lack honor and the discretion necessary to serve the SLDF.

DEATH TO THE CLANS!
DEATH TO THE SEPARATISTS!
DEATH TO THE SELF-SERVING NOBLES!
DEATH TO THE FREE WORLDS LEAGUE!

Tainya Algeburg
Delegate Khartoum,
Director of Communications for the Estates General

THE ABOVE TEXT IS AN OFFICIAL COMMUNICATION OF THE LYRAN GOVERNMENT ON ARC ROYAL. TAMPERING OR REMOVAL OF THIS MESSAGE IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE UNDER ITEM 4/B OF THE EMERGENCY LAWS.

NVA

PUBLIC STATEMENT FROM SLDF HQ

Citizens of the Lyran Commonwealth,

During this trying time, the warriors of the SLDF still stand with you.  At this time, there has been no recognized Lyran Government by the Star League.  However, the Defense Force has not, in any part, abondoned its positions.  Governors on some worlds have requested certain SLDF forces to depart their system, by whatever means necessary.  SLDF HQ has not accepted any of these requests and all troops are under orders to remain in position.  This includes all FWL units.  Things throughout the Commonwealth are confusing now.  Old divisions have arisen.  New ones have been created.  A portion of worlds have chosen to follow a Star Colonel from Clan Star Adder.  None of this affects the position of the Star League Defense Force.  We will continue to defend your worlds, per our agreements with the Lyran government recognized by the Star League.  We will further work with the temporary governments in each region to most effectively defend your worlds.  You have not been forgotten by us and we will not be pushed aside by land grabbing clans or power grabbing nobles.

Deathrider6

*For Immediate Release*

The actions of the Arc-Royal Estates General are not endorsed by the Donegal and Skye Provinces. Free Worlds Forces as well all other SLDF Forces are allowed free passage through the Skye/Donegal region. SLDF Forces are authorized to set up a Field HQ on Summit effective immediately. It has been announced that Skye and Donegal support the SLDF treaties in place and will continue to do so. LCAF Forces are in the process of being redeployed to to provide defensive support to SLDF units at this time.

We feel that the ejection of FWL troops under SLDF command or provided by treaty under local FWL command are integral to the defense of the Commonwealth as a whole and will continue to allow said troops to remain in the Commoneath as long as they are on offensive operations against Clan forces.
If the Commonwealth is to survive the Clan onslaught forces unity and co-ordination is the key. Trying to go it alone is not a wise choice.

Skye and Donegal thank the SLDF and it's members for their contrutions to the defense of the Commonwealth and will continue to support their efforts. It is our intent to continue supporting SLDF Operations in the Commonwealth until the Clan threat is removed.

Deathrider6

Alstair Marsden Military Drop-port, August 29th 3069.

Dropships had been lifting off all week and were outbound. Where they were going was anyone's guessbut the last 'ship' slated to take off was a Mark IIV Landing craft still sitting on the tarmac. Several personnel were walking briskly to the rear ramp. The co-pilot took thier bags and led them inside. The Mark IIV would have to make a 3-G Burn all the way to the awaiting jumpships. Wherever theose ships were headed the hopes of the Commonwealth went with them.

Deathrider6

Glenculloch, Skye August 29th 3069.

*For Public Release*

The Federation of Skye and the Protectorate of Donegal in the name of the Lyran Commonwealth formally recognize the Union of Independent Worlds (UIW). A diplomatic envoy will be sent for accredation. An ambassador/envoy from the UIW is hereby requested. Further diplomatic endeavours will be explored upon accredation of envoy/ambassadors.

Signature,

Robert Kelswa-Steiner
Duke of Skye
Duke of Tamar

Nejama Bersheeba-Marsden
Duchess of Donegal

Cannonshop

Brig, LCS Arluna, 27 August, 3069...

"...so when are we transferring to the Blackgate prison complex?"  Madelaine Schrakenberg von Howard Gap on Winter, asked.

"The orders are to hold you until you can be picked up."  the Marine's smile was nasty, as he set the tray on the table, "You're to be tried for Treason, probably. Conspiracy to Barratry at the very least."

she sighed and leaned back against the too-small corner of the booth-like cell.  Treason meant Spacing.  "I want my phone call." She enunciated, "You saw the news."

"What news?" he asked idly, munching on a carrot-stick.

"The UIW has been recognized.  I want my phone call." Madelaine said quietly.

Deathrider6

Brig, LCS Arluna.

Flag Kaptain Lutjens looked at Madelaine. "I have orders regarding you, Kaptain. You are to be bound over for trial. A 'phone call' will not be possible due to the fact that all non essential comms have been forbidden by the Naval High Command. Putting it bluntly EMCON is in effect."

She glared back at him. "Then I want to see my Lawyer. I DO have a lawyer correct?"

"Yes Kaptain, your Lawyer is en route. Apparently someone on high has taken an interest in you getting the best defense possible."