Rules implemented for turn 43

Started by Dave Baughman, September 27, 2010, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DisGruntled

"Something special" (GM surprise): 4 tokens

Is there a chance for this to be a negative surprise?

It's hard to give up 10 RP a turn, but we might be interested.

Especially since we're already 9.75 in the hole and will need to trim somewhere....  ;)

Fatebringer

If you have to ask, maybe you shouldn't  ;D

Dave Baughman

The "special surprise" will be worth ~75-100 RP of build cost and will not be something that can be acquired through normal game means, so no it won't be "that kind of surprise"  ;D
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

chaosxtreme

"Can not be acquired through normal game means"

I want it even more. :-)

Marlin

Heh, now you have me interested as well.  ;D

Fatebringer

Daemonknight

Hey Dave, i say u give me around Sudeten what the ICW 'found' around Terra :P

that seems totally fair
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Parmenion

Quote from: Dave Baughman on September 28, 2010, 10:12:34 AM
Quote from: Marlin on September 28, 2010, 08:23:26 AM
It should be noted that the number of Spec Ops teams cannot rise above 3 with that, right?

Or your number of PFs, whichever is greater.

Mmmmm... this differs from what I believe you told me in a PM earlier.  That I could build up to 10 teams (with no mention of requiring PFs).  Is this a rule I missed?   :-\

Marlin

I think that was earlier.The rule now says that 3 are the max.

Or number of PFs. Its already in the rules.

Iron Mongoose

Since this is a short thread, I got through it quickly.

When it comes to the IC Watch, the old Joint Watch did spend 40 RP+ on ratings improvments, since it went up two points.  If no one else wants them, I'll claim them for the Camels (we coopted the rest of the thing).

Daemonknight

Its that or give the ICW 2 tokens...upgrading one of the Daggerstar Teams to Heroic would be pretty nice

Parmenion

Quote from: Dave Baughman on September 27, 2010, 09:38:08 PM

Players may trade and/or sell rebate tokens, but the tokens themselves must be cashed in by the start of turn 43, so please make your deals quickly.

Important note: Please include a breakdown of any token redemptions in both the cover email for your faction's orders and on the summary page of your turn 43 orders to ensure prompt processing.

Reading the above, I thought it was implied that we had to send the GMs a PM in regards the cashing in of the tokens, and what our factions would pick (which I've done).  And that to allow us to include a breakdown of any token redemption on our orders sheets, we would have the approval of the GMs of our picks. 

Is this how it is going to work?

Marlin

I think only on the Summary page of our Orders AND the Cover Email. No PM, I did not read that at all..

Marlin

An urgent question about un-interdicting hexes: in the updated rules, you say that this needs to be done by PLANET rather than hex or main planet. Now there is a catch: if you have 1 control world in a hex and multiple member worlds: the wording says you will have to invest 3 RP for the control world and multiple RP for the member worlds.

Is that the goal of that rule? Member worlds have absolutely no impact on gaining Profit, what happens if you only invest into the Control worlds upwards? Would those memberworlds prevent profit to flow? That would be kinda over the top, no?