Rules implemented for turn 43

Started by Dave Baughman, September 27, 2010, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on October 04, 2010, 01:32:04 PM
An urgent question about un-interdicting hexes: in the updated rules, you say that this needs to be done by PLANET rather than hex or main planet. Now there is a catch: if you have 1 control world in a hex and multiple member worlds: the wording says you will have to invest 3 RP for the control world and multiple RP for the member worlds.

Is that the goal of that rule? Member worlds have absolutely no impact on gaining Profit, what happens if you only invest into the Control worlds upwards? Would those memberworlds prevent profit to flow? That would be kinda over the top, no?

This isn't a rules change, you've always had to pay for member worlds HPGs (at least, you've supposed to have been...)
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

I guess that really was never done. This makes interdiction through destruction very costly indeed. But still, this rule could use some polishing. Having Memberworlds with or without HPGs should not make a difference right now.

Implement a case in which member worlds do have even the slightest impact on the game and then it would make sense. It was even forbidden to attack them until the Spirits did so to the Caliphate et. al.

Dave Baughman

The role of member worlds in the game is something that's one the list of things to be reexamined, but to be totally honest its kind of low on the list of priorities for rules updates.

As for it never being done before, I'm sure you're not the only one. The old communications rules were never really followed by... well, just about anyone. That's part of why I made them a priority for revising.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

:P

What about those HPGs that were produced in good faith before this turns' announcement?

I hope they are not worthless now. I just arranged them a bit differently and hope its good then. Gonna think hard on Member worlds, though.. 50 % of Interdicted hexes with a CW.. would round up, right? That could be the key.