Rules implemented for turn 43

Started by Dave Baughman, September 27, 2010, 09:20:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

• Combat tables are being updated to match the proposed new table that met with strong approval. In conjunction with this change, the forced withdrawal rule will be removed. Implemented
  • A number of small clarifications will be edited in based on recent rulings on sections of the rules that were vaguely or unclearly written. Implemented
  • Formal orders and posting deadlines will be added to the rules set (more below) Implemented
  • A one-time trade-in offer will be made to all factions that spent money on intelligence improvements in the last 20 turns to compensate for the removal of faction intelligence modifiers (more below) Implemented
  • The new communications rules will be partially implemented (more below) Implemented
  • If time permits, the first segment of the revised R&D rules will be implemented Not implemented this turn, still in development
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Orders and Posting rules

1. Faction leaders are responsible for submitting their orders on time. A deadline (usually the 5th of the month) will be posted by the GMs at the start of each turn.

2. Orders must be submitted to fgc_orders@intelser.org. Orders that are submitted to GM personal email accounts or to the orders mailboxes of other campaigns are not guaranteed to be processed until late orders processing.

3. The GM team will transmit monthly faction reports to all factions who submitted orders on time 1-3 days after the orders deadline.

4. Players have one week (seven calendar days) from the orders deadline to open any military operations threads they plan to carry out. The only exception to this is threads which are unable to be posted on time because they are waiting on responses to precursor threads such as allied or hostile movement requests.

5. Late orders will be accepted, but the reports for these orders will not be sent until the posting deadline expires. The posting deadline for late submitters is still based on the normal orders due date, so if orders are posted more than seven days late no ops threads can be opened by that faction that turn.

6. Players will have until the end of the month to resolve their threads.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Intelligence Improvement rebate offer

For Turn 43, faction leaders may claim a special bonus if, at any time between turns 20 and 41, their faction spent funds on intelligence rating improvements.

For every 20 RP spent on intelligence improvements (rounded up), each faction receives one rebate token. Additionally, Clan homeworlds factions (i.e. factions that controlled no I.S. hexes in turn 20) receive one extra token.

Tokens may be spent as follows:

Build 1 PF in the Clan Homeworlds or the Deep Periphery: 1 token
Build 1 IC in any friendly hex: 1 token
Immediately gain two Elite special forces teams: 1 token
Roll one free R&D roll (stacks with normal paid R&D): 1 token
Roll one free Commtech roll: 1 token
Roll one free Exploration roll: 1 token
Run up to 20 RP of intelligence operations for free: 1 token
Build 1 PF in the Inner Sphere: 2 tokens
Upgrade an existing Elite special forces team to Heroic: 2 tokens
Build * at a friendly PF or capital: 2 tokens
"Something special" (GM surprise): 4 tokens

The GM team can attempt to assist in researching back records to determine how many tokens factions are entitled to at player request.

Players may trade and/or sell rebate tokens, but the tokens themselves must be cashed in by the start of turn 43, so please make your deals quickly.

Important note: Please include a breakdown of any token redemptions in both the cover email for your faction's orders and on the summary page of your turn 43 orders to ensure prompt processing.

Lyran note: The LC successor states (RWR, UIW, Arc Royal, Protectorate, and Skye/Donegal LC) each gain the full number of tokens the LC is entitled to, but must forfeit one token to represent 'brain drain' on their intelligence organs suffered during the fracturing of the LC.

Dave Baughman

Communications Streamlining and Revisions - phase I

In preparation for implementing the fairly in-depth communications overhaul that has been talked about in the rules discussion thread for a while now, several preliminary changes are being implemented to be effective turn 43:

• Interdiction no longer prevents movement
  • Interdiction does not prevent written communication between factions (by courier, etc)
  • HPGs no longer have to be delivered; they are built just like any other hex improvement. Un-interdicting a hex takes 3 turns and costs the following: 1 RP per member world, 3 RP per control world, 5 RP per capital.

Note that the revised financial impact of interdiction, as well as the revised R&D track for advancement, will not be implemented for turn 43.

DXM

Quote from: Dave Baughman on September 27, 2010, 09:38:08 PM
Lyran note: The LC successor states (RWR, UIW, Arc Royal, Protectorate, and Skye/Donegal LC) each gain the full number of tokens the LC is entitled to, but must forfeit one token to represent 'brain drain' on their intelligence organs suffered during the fracturing of the LC.

Sweet, but how do I know how much -- if any -- was spent on the LIC and therefore how many -- if any -- tokens I get?

Dave Baughman

LC started as 2/3/2 in turn 20. Based on the records I have been able to locate, the ended at 3/4/3, so they spent $60 on upgrades, which would translate to 3 tokens. Apply the -1 "breakup modifier" and RWR will get 2 tokens (as will the other LC successor states).

Dave Baughman

For reference, here is what everyone started out as in turn 20:

Capellan Confederation:
IG: +2
CI: +3
SO: +3

Core Alliance:
IG: +4
CI: +2
SO: +3

Draconis Combine
SO: +2

Federated Suns
IG: +3

Free Worlds League
IG: +1
SO: +1

Lyran Commonwealth

Star League

Minor Powers:

Free Rasalhague Republic:
CI: +1

Republic of St. Ives
IG: 0
CI: 0
SO: 0

Magistracy of Canopus

Marian Hegemony
SO: +0

Outworlds Alliance
IG: +0

Taurian Concordat

Wolves in Exile
CI: +0

Fiefdom of Randis

Niops Association

The Clans

Inter-Clan Watch

Clan Fire Mandrill

Clan Ghost Bear

Clan Hell's Horses

Clan Jade Falcon

Clan  Star Adder

Clan Wolf

The homeworlds all started at 0/0/0 when they later joined the game. RD used the FRR's skills, not the Ghost Bears', when they merged.

DisGruntled

Is the research roll a roll to see if you get a success or a roll on the charts after a success?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DisGruntled on September 28, 2010, 01:03:34 AM
Is the research roll a roll to see if you get a success or a roll on the charts after a success?

Its a normal roll, so you still need between a 9 and a 12 depending on your # of PFs to get a return.

DisGruntled

For those like me who don't want to go back through 20+ sheets to total up how much they spent.

Quote from: Old Intel Rating improvement costs
Improving a faction's rating takes considerable time and effort. Essentially, a set amount of RP's must be contributed over the course of so many cycles to permanently improve a rating. To go from 0 to 1, a faction must spend a total of 20RP's over the course of 4 cycles. To go from 1 to 2, a faction must spend 20RP's over the course of 8 cycles. To go from 2 to 3, a faction must spend a total of 20RP's over the course of 12 cycles. To go from 3 to 4, a faction must spend a total of 20RP's over the course of 16 cycles.

Marlin

It should be noted that the number of Spec Ops teams cannot rise above 3 with that, right?

Marlin

Another thing: only spending between Round 20 and 41 is counted? What is with Turn 42? Is that money considered wasted?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on September 28, 2010, 08:23:26 AM
It should be noted that the number of Spec Ops teams cannot rise above 3 with that, right?

Or your number of PFs, whichever is greater.

Quote from: Marlin on September 28, 2010, 08:46:47 AM
Another thing: only spending between Round 20 and 41 is counted? What is with Turn 42? Is that money considered wasted?

If you spent money on intel improvements in 42, it counts also.

Marlin

There can be build more than one PF in the HWs, provided there are enough tokens, right?

Also, are those tokens also able to be gained by metafactions like the ICW or the Star League?

Daemonknight

ICW hasnt spent any money on Intel upgrades, it was using the stats of it's contributors. so ICW wouldn't get any tokens
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade