OOC Thread

Started by Marlin, March 22, 2010, 11:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pink_Knight

Yeah, considering whats there, and what potentially is coming...he might very well be doing that.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: tassa_kay on July 22, 2010, 04:32:47 PM
Ugh, all this European history... can we talk about big stompy robots and the factions that make them again?  ;D

Where are the mods when we need them to protect us from history "politics"?!

Kidding aside, I was pleased to see our first real "politics" discussion on the board stay civil and professional.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on July 22, 2010, 06:06:32 PM
Question: I have another Recon Raid pending for Dustball, was it ok to put it into the invasion thread?

That's exactly how I like it, keeps things organized.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Daemonknight on July 22, 2010, 07:22:35 PM
techniclly, the Recon Raid would go before actual combat forces arrived...so I'd say just post it in, as we havn't seen what TH forces are there yet anyways. Would tell us what is there, so that we can see whats arriving(although we should already know from the intel reports...and its going to suck).

Speaking in PMs and the intelligence reports that are in them, I have two announcements to make:

1) The limits on # of adressees and # sent per hour on PMs have been lifted. As long as this doesn't get abuse I plan to keep it that was permanently. So, send to as many folks as you need to, as often as you need to!

2) Reading between the lines, I am assuming that there has been a series of intelligence disclosure/discussion/analysis PMs going back and forth that I missed. Could somebody forward those to me? I like to keep in the loop about discussions like that, as it eases some of my administrative tasks (especially in terms of being ready with fluff/RP hooks/etc to rapidly respond to info requests and operations that are planned). Plus, frankly, I'm always impressed with the stuff you guys come up with when you work as a team and I enjoy watching events unfold.

Related to point #3, please remember to include LittleH13 and I on any in-character PMs (incluiding planning PMs and other "IC written in an OOC voice" type communications).

NVA

In other news, Dave Baughman Enterprises announced today that they do not have enough messages to read.  Having caught up, they are looking for a new massive backlog to not be able to get through.

NVA

Are those attacks against Clan Wolf by the CSA OrBomb?

DisGruntled

Nope, no orbats are scheduled as these are the standard invasions.  There was no HTM this cycle going to these three worlds.  I made sure to check with Dave before submitting orders this cycle. ::)

No blockades either at any of them, though as I pointed out at Miquelon we were already in control of local space since you never contested it and have set up interdiction.

august

Good lord... are there any pending attacks on Arc Royal this cycle as well?

(the world proper, not the faction)

DisGruntled

No that was a few worlds down the list, and might be postponed for a tad as it would need coalition attention. ;)

NVA

Daemonknight

Dave- the intel i was referencing was the ICW intel reports you sent me. I disbursed the information you gave me, with the exception of the missions that failed to produce information, although I must say, you need to make up the failed intel reports more like the Terra report :) got quite the laugh from that.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

Daemonknight

Quote from: tassa_kay on July 23, 2010, 12:43:57 PM
Countess Livia Paltonae of Nusakan didn't even bother to hide the rolling of her eyes or the bored pursing of her lips.  "I would rather the cyborg serve as our Director-General.  I don't remember him blathering on at such length about his own personal qualifications.  And frankly, he has a lot more personal charisma than you... and that is truly saying something."

Its called building a character's background Tassa. As I just made the char a few days ago, nobody has any idea what he is all about, whereas the Cyborg has been around for awhile. Its what we call roleplaying.

If you have a better method for introducing someone, I'm all for it. This is the quickest way for me to intro a char. I'd rather do that than simply say "I'm a Dragoon, vote for me!" and be done with it.
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

tassa_kay

Quote from: Daemonknight on July 23, 2010, 12:49:14 PM
Its called building a character's background Tassa. As I just made the char a few days ago, nobody has any idea what he is all about, whereas the Cyborg has been around for awhile. Its what we call roleplaying.

Um, I was roleplaying as well, bud.  Do you take *everything* this personally?  If so, this game isn't gonna be for you.  ;D

Daemonknight

I only take it personally when every RP you aim at my characters is hostile from the onset. Notice that nobody else has done that, and also that nobody else ever hears from me.

I'm not being hostile. More wondering why you are all the time.

tassa_kay

I mocked your THAC character because he spat out an incredibly long and boring speech where all he did was stroke himself.  I mock Diana Pryde because you play her like a Spheroid politician that avoids fight instead of a Clan warrior that welcomes challenge.

It's called roleplaying, and it's unfortunate and sad (for me, that is) that I have to come here and explain this to you.

If you don't like it, I suggest you deal with it IC, instead of running to the OOC thread to whine about it, because it's starting to get really tiresome at this point.  Every time something happens that you don't like, it somehow becomes a capital-I Issue.

Also, two other points: we've had plenty of RP that *hasn't* been hostile (see Foster and Shadow), and I wasn't the only one that mocked your character in the THAC, either.  And yet, I'm the only one being called out on it.  Selective memory is convenient when playing the martyr card, I suppose.