OOC Thread

Started by Marlin, March 22, 2010, 11:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Iron Mongoose

Now, I won't speak to IC here (I'll do that IC, if I have any, though I was honestly thinking about contracting for some sales untill I found a Clan buyer).  If you can find people who think its IC, then do what you've got to do.

But OOC, we need to be sure that anything like this can exist with in the scope of the rules, rather than needing new rules to cover it, or that if new rules are created they are universal, and can cover commerce for other factions and groups across the game (Niops' map chart exchange, for example, which I always found problematic for other reasons).  I don't know that any rules prohibit this, or alow it, since its not something that's really been looking at closely, which I think we should perhaps do, if this is something you're serious about.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DXM on July 17, 2010, 09:00:47 AM
Alright.  GMs, I'm calling you out.  I have sent you MULTIPLE PMs and emails about this, without ever receiving so much as a "I'll get back to you on that."  The orders date has come and gone, and the extension is coming due in 48 hours.  I need to know this so I can have an actual legal orders sheet.  I'm going public in the hopes that it'll force you to actually answer the question.  If I don't get answers to the following questions via PM or email by the time the orders due-out passes, I'm not going to submit orders UNTIL the questions are answered and I will NOT abide by the late-orders-rules because it is all YOUR fault, not mine.

1.) What are the RWR's intel ratings?
2.) How many SOF teams do I start with?
3.) How many (if any) nuclear weapons do I start with?

As Graegor pointed out, unfortunately, you're not the only one. I have about 60 back PMs right now that have accumulated since I got my new PC. You - and everyone else who sent me one - will be getting a response in the next few hours.

You're right that this is our fault for not getting back sooner, but at the same time please bear in mind that I'm on vacation and I'm rationing the amount of time I am spending on FGC work. That's not to say that you won't get an answer, just a request to bear with us a little bit because we aren't "on the job full time" at the moment.

Having said that, I want to thank everyone for their patience. We're almost caught up on everything and we're working to square away what's left.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DXM

Here's a good question: what email address do I send my orders to, anyway? 

Dave Baughman

Quote from: DXM on July 17, 2010, 06:27:26 PM
Here's a good question: what email address do I send my orders to, anyway? 

fgc_orders@intelser.org
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

DXM

tassa_kay

+1 to Dave for letting me dust off the Spirit Crusher.  (Iron Mongoose, you of ALL people better get THAT reference, or we can no longer be friends.)

Cannonshop

Quote from: GraeGor on July 17, 2010, 04:08:11 PM
Quote from: DXM on July 17, 2010, 09:00:47 AM
Alright.  GMs, I'm calling you out.  I have sent you MULTIPLE PMs and emails about this, without ever receiving so much as a "I'll get back to you on that."  The orders date has come and gone, and the extension is coming due in 48 hours.  I need to know this so I can have an actual legal orders sheet.  I'm going public in the hopes that it'll force you to actually answer the question.  If I don't get answers to the following questions via PM or email by the time the orders due-out passes, I'm not going to submit orders UNTIL the questions are answered and I will NOT abide by the late-orders-rules because it is all YOUR fault, not mine.

1.) What are the RWR's intel ratings?
2.) How many SOF teams do I start with?
3.) How many (if any) nuclear weapons do I start with?

Don't feel bad, I'm still waiting for a few answers as well, both for the Adders and for Charlie's 'Adder Commonwealth'

And if anyone would be willing to send me at least one sample of an Independent AeroSpace Regiment detailed out by Squadron, including a variety of ASF Carrier DropShips it would be appreciated

Finally, what are the usual "components" for an Inner Sphere Naval Expeditionary Fleet, a sample of one of those would be equally appreciated, especially if its somewhat detailed: JumpShips, DropShips, Support Units, etc

Have you done your random allocation tables yet? (that's step one, the tab "equipment tables, template")

Once you've done those, you go to your Naval sheet.

Now, here's the pain in the ass part.  you've got a specific FP value, right?

Okay, to make it not throw errors at you, y'all gonna need to assign transport jumpships to them.

Seriously, you need to do this.

Follow the tutorial after that-carriers fall into one of two types depending on where you assigned 'em in the RAT, they're either going to be patrol, or assault, ships. (I grouped all of mine in "patrol" ships-assault droppers may also occasionally carry fighters, but your carriers are types like the Leopard CV, Carrier, Vengeance and Titan.)

Next, open the 'Verification' tab, it will show you how many droppers your jumpers can carry.

Then open the 'support' tab, and start by assigning dropships to your jumpers-you're most likely going to be leaning heavy on Patrol and Assault types to fill it out.
Transports fill .25 FP, Patrols are .5, assaults are 1

Last, you assign your fighters-by squadron.  Light squadron is .25 FP, Medium is .5 FP, Heavy is more (iirc Heavies run 1 FP)

If you run out of ship before you run out of FP, you add another Jumpship.

Experience rating acts as a multiplier, so you can cut down the numbers up to the stated experience of the independent wing in question by playing with the experience block.

The "Independent Wing" is therefore built around what you're hauling it with, followed by the composition of your assigned carrier dropships (you need more if you've got a lot of something small, like Leopard CV's, or Quetzcoatl jump-CV's, less if you've got a lot of Vengeance or Titan on your tables) followed by how many Assault class droppers you're hauling alongside. 

My table leaned heavily to the lighter/lower capacity side, so I had to have more ships for the FP value, someone with bigger jumpships and higher-value BV in their dropship table won't have nearly the problem.

Iron Mongoose

Quote from: tassa_kay on July 18, 2010, 04:00:22 AM
+1 to Dave for letting me dust off the Spirit Crusher.  (Iron Mongoose, you of ALL people better get THAT reference, or we can no longer be friends.)

Of course I do.  There's a mech that takes me back.  What a monster, though.

tassa_kay

Quote from: Iron Mongoose on July 18, 2010, 05:40:21 AM
Of course I do.  There's a mech that takes me back.  What a monster, though.

Well, Dave says she is grandfathered in, and with your permission, I'd love to write up some RP for reintroducing her.  Check your PMs in a minute. :)

Iron Mongoose

Good.  Perhaps I'll have to take Luna up against it again (though Luna's cursed, I think) or my new Adder Stormcrow.

Did you win?

tassa_kay

Me and Aleksandr were just talking about Luna, actually.  We miss her. :)

Iron Mongoose

Are we talking about the same Luna?  The Turkina, right, with the LPLs and LRMs?  Though, in as much as I don't expect to see it, the Vipers have the origonal mech some place.  I think one of the Khans was riding it for a time.  Kenshin had to use a replacment Turk for his Luna, and Amy's pretty much retired that one (she's a T-Wolf gal).

Marlin

We still need a new signup thread.. or dig the old one out. I cant find it.

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Marlin on July 19, 2010, 06:42:05 PM
We still need a new signup thread.. or dig the old one out. I cant find it.

To avoid any further confusion, the I will be clarifying the name of the signup area in a moment to make it clear where such posts should be made.

NVA

Do we have any Web Program type developers?  I have always wanted to see much of this type of order sheets, etc, automated.  I can do database design and program design, but not coding front end, etc.  Then, we can add things like random encounters when 2 units pass through  the same hex, etc.  And, no mass of spreadsheets for the GMs.