OOC Thread

Started by Marlin, March 22, 2010, 11:20:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Quote from: NVA on July 20, 2010, 04:38:48 PM
Do we have any Web Program type developers?  I have always wanted to see much of this type of order sheets, etc, automated.  I can do database design and program design, but not coding front end, etc.  Then, we can add things like random encounters when 2 units pass through  the same hex, etc.  And, no mass of spreadsheets for the GMs.

Mass-merging the orders sheets for cool stuff like this has always been one of the "big dreams" of the FGC GM staffs... however I personally lack the programming skills to realize it. If we can put together the proper mix of skills to do this, I would fully support it.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

chaosxtreme

I just want to be clear on something.
I have EVEN MORE invasion  and RP threads to post but I need to crash.

All threads should expect additional RP fleshing out over the next few days.

Have fun everybody and remember... Ask not what the Captain-General can do for you ask why is his name a killing phrase!

NVA

Just curious...Why are folks creating special roll threads instead of just rolling in the thread associated with the roll?

Daemonknight

I like to do it so that I don't need to start every thread off with 2 posts. Does it matter?
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

NVA

Quote from: Daemonknight on July 21, 2010, 06:43:01 AM
I like to do it so that I don't need to start every thread off with 2 posts. Does it matter?

Just makes it easier to track rolls for other people.  But, probably not.  Just strange to me.

Iron Mongoose

Quote from: chaosxtreme on July 21, 2010, 04:26:14 AM
Have fun everybody and remember... Ask not what the Captain-General can do for you ask why is his name a killing phrase!

Because MARIK SMACH?

JediBear

Aren't civil wars fun?

GraeGor

Quote from: JediBear on July 21, 2010, 03:20:03 PM
Aren't civil wars fun?

Yepperz ::)...especially when multiple units from multiple factions are all on the same planet wanting the same planet

Iron Mongoose

I just chuckle at the FWL in this. "Oh, there's a civil war on?  Well, we've got to be a part of that action!"

JediBear

Well, one thing's sure. They've got the edge on the Lyrans in experience.
:P

NVA

A star <10 fighters> for .5 FP <7500 BV>.  Itty Bitty Fighters.

Cannonshop

Quote from: NVA on July 21, 2010, 06:15:40 PM

Likely itty, bitty, FAST fighters.

august

Just a quick question to the others providing relief to Tharkad - did you guys spend RP on the aid? I threw half my income into it, and would like to represent that in my IC posts if the others didn't. I need all the PR help I can get.

Iron Mongoose

Quote from: NVA on July 21, 2010, 06:15:40 PM

Well, there's what I get from going by memory...

Its good I guess that I said .5ish, since I think it would be closer to 12k BV for a star of Chaeroneas, which that fleet does include several of.

DisGruntled

Quote from: august on July 21, 2010, 06:56:22 PM
Just a quick question to the others providing relief to Tharkad - did you guys spend RP on the aid? I threw half my income into it, and would like to represent that in my IC posts if the others didn't. I need all the PR help I can get.
Was that before or after the partial communications blockage penalty? ;)