[RP/MM] Turn 43 - Arc-Royal 1817 [COMPLETE]

Started by august, October 10, 2010, 04:29:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

OOC: so what did we got here?

I would rather like a MA resolution than to lose the whole Fleet to bad Simp Res rolls..  :( So, the sooner we can get it on, the better.

Marlin

Bump. "All non AR-Forces, you have got one Chance to surrender. Power down your systems and spare you death."

Marlin

OOC: Dave Baughman, you are. Need the FP and then we can try to either SimRes or Play it. Or you just surrender. :P

august

Agnes Eszterhazi pacing the spaceport command post, glanced at her watch once more. The second hand had only completed a quarter turn since it was last sighted; she cursed it silently for not being more eager, more thorough. "Gerson, is it time yet?"

"They've arrived, Elvtárs Eszterhazi, but no word forthcoming. Are you sure you want to go ahead with this?"

"Yes, Gerson. Let's just hope that they're as foolish as their leaders."

She walked overquickly to the broadcast terminal, and switched it on, speaking in a voice that was almost too controlled to seem natural. "Kampfgruppe Rechnung, as you can see, you have marched into a trap. Your lives are in our hands. What you may not know is that Tharkad has already fallen to Arc-Royal's military forces. Nondi Steiner and Robert Kelswa are dead, and your Estates General fled like rats from a sinking ship. You may fight bravely here, and you may die, but know that the battle has already been decided. There are no meaningful heroics here. I call upon you once to stand down - failure to comply will result in your destruction."

Marlin

The Warships and fighters of the Clan prepare to close and destroy the ships that hang in limbo between the Planet and the Jump Point. They have nowhere to go, except to surrender or die.

"This is your last chance, Lyran troops. If we do not receive your sign of surrender immediately, we must destroy you."

OOC: Dave? Bouncy bump?

Dave Baughman

Lyran forces will attempt to repel your invasion.

37th Lyran Guards RCT -- 44 FP
Various aerospace units -- 39.50 FP (all on ground support)

Simple res roll...

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

august

I'll hand rolling duties over to Marlin. But for the record, A-R contributes 107 naval FP to the clan side, and 65.25 FP ground.

Marlin

OOC: to be clear, the Lyrans go to ground? Because as it is, they are interdicted from both sides. As I see it this roll was for interdiction breaking for either to the Planet or free to the Jump Point. In this case only for the fighters, as an engagement.

We would meet this with a certain number of FP; just not risk many of our Warships.

Need your opinion on this, Dave. In space, the Aero cant be on Ground Support and the Grounders wont help much.

Effectively, the Lyrans are trapped in space, yet.

If you go to ground, the Lyrans will have to go through August's numbers.

august

Let's not worry about it overmuch - they rolled so poorly that our chances of dropping this one are miniscule. Maybe just send your fighters to ground support and roll it? We could then RP most of the ships being intercepted as they try to land, if that suits everyone?

Fatebringer

Sounds like a plan stan. Three of the Raven Tactical Air Wings go to Ground Support.

11th Tactical Air Wing, Regular/Reliable, 23.75FP
71st Tactical Air Wing, Regular/Reliable, 23.75FP
72nd Tactical Air Wing, Regular/Reliable, 23.75FP

Marlin

Logical would indeed be if they tried to land through the much smaller AR-Screen.

So a roll would be needed by the AR. However, if they already have landed.. (21 FP of fighters of the CIH joins as well, as would the AR fighters.)

But really its mostly Dave's decision, though I still dont know what he really wants to do If he wants to take it against the AR or not.

Dave Baughman

OOC- LC won initiative; they were already on the ground when the Clan forces arrived, unless I am missing something. In other words, they fell right into Arc Royal's trap. Had the Clans won init, the LCAF would have just left as at that point the trap would have been obvious.

august

Okay, to resolve.

Allied force FP: 71.25 Ravens + 21 Hellions + 172.25 A-R = 264.25 Total

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6[/blockquote]

august

Okay, the total was 263.5, but I won't go back and edit, lest the roll be screwed up.

Allied crit check, based on low LCAF roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 5, total 6[/blockquote]