[RP/MM][Complete] Turn 43: Dark vs TC - Taurus 3340 Invasion

Started by LittleH13, October 11, 2010, 09:21:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Guys, please review the following and tell me if I got anything wrong. If there are no objections/questions I will be rolling out final results for this tomorrow after work.

Dark initial force strength: 12.25 FP naval + 144.75 FP ground
TC initial force strength: 50.00 FP naval* + ??? ground + 2.5 FP naval forces scheduled to arrive

Op Round 1 Initiative rolls: TC 4, Dark 7

Dark wins initiave, so TC extra forces don't arrive until Op Round 2

*I assume these are actually ground-based aerospace as no dropships are listed on their line-item, but that shouldn't change anything for game purposes.

Special Scenario: TC uses a nuclear token to inflict an extra 8.0 FP on the Dark force.

Op Round 1: 50 FP vs. 4.25 FP (12.25-8.00) Naval Engagement

The Dark rolled an 8, inflicting 50% of their FP on the enemy and earning a possible crit check.
The Dark cannot attempt Break Interdiction this round as they do not meet the criteria for the order. This means that the entire string of die rolls pertaining to this order are invalid, because they are predicated on elements of the Dark force trying to do something they cannot game mechanically do.
The Dark rolled an 9 on their crit roll, earning one critical event.
The roll is a 6, "reduce damage taken by 15%, increase damage dealt by 10%"

The TC rolled 6, inflicting 30% of their FP on the enemy.
The TC cannot roll for unplanned reinforcement this turn, as their forces must have been previously engaged to do so; this means the UPR rolls done during Op Round 1 are invalidated and are superceded by the rolls made during Op Round 2.
After modifications for crits, the Dark inflicted 60% of their FP (2.5 FP after rounding) and the TC inflicted 15% of their FP (7.5 FP)

The TC wiped out the Dark's naval forces on the first round
The Dark did not inflict enough damage to disrupt TC defensive interdiction
The TC scheduled reinforcements arrive at the start of op round 2

Round 2

The TC calls for unplanned reinforcements, one of which rolls high enough to respond in time. It will arrive in Op Round 4.

Dark: 144.75 FP of ground forces
TC: 50.0 FP of naval + ??? FP of ground forces

TC rolled a 7 for initiative, Dark has not rolled yet (given the late stage in the turn, Dark will forfeit initiative); TC continues defensive interdiction. Dark will attemp Break Interdiction to force a landing.

Special Scenario: TC uses a nuclear token, inflicting 5.0 FP on the Dark.

TC rolled a 6 (8 - 2), inflicting 25% of their FP on the Dark.

The next step will be the Dark's Break Interdiction roll.

And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Dark break interdiction roll with +2 modifier

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 2, 4 + 2, total 8[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

TC inflicts 12.5 FP against the Dark
The Dark inflict 21 FP against the TC

The Dark break TC interdiction and land their troops

TC Warship survival rolls

Pinto
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9[/blockquote]

Bonaventure
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 5, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Op Round 3

Dark: 127.25 FP of ground forces
TC: 29 FP of naval/aero + 55.75 FP of ground forces

Special Scenario:

Taurian Honor Battalions deploy * to inflict 2d6 damage the Dark

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Simple Resolution: Dark (122.25 FP after nuclear attack)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

Simple Resolution: TC (82.25 FP due to ASF ground support)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Dark possible crit roll (due to TC rolling "2")

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 5, total 10[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Dark Crits

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 5, total 7
Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

6 Valor saves the day: reduce damage done to you by 15%, increase damage done to your opponent by 10%.
7 Valor saves the day: reduce damage done to you by 20%, increase damage done to your opponent by 15%.

The Dark inflict 55% after modifications, dealing 67.25 FP after rounding
The TC inflicts no damage after modifications (damage reduced to -15%, but there is no "negative damage" as that would be goofy)

Dave Baughman

TC survivors: 4.75 FP of aero, 2.5 FP of naval, 10.25 FP of ground
Dark survivors: 122.25 FP of ground

Op Round 4: 10 FP of TC aero reinforcements arrive.

Special Scenario: Taurians use tactical orbital bombardment (Dark will scatter)

Orbital Attack:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]

Scatter
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

second scatter roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 6, total 11[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

14% of the Dark Force (17.00 FP) is exposed to orbital attack, so the full 5 damage is sustained.

After orbital strike, Dark have 117.25 FP, of which 11% (13.00 FP) is out of position and cannot fight this turn.

Dark: 104.25 FP

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

vs.

TC: 25.0 FP including reinforcements

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC crit check

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC critical event

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 2, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

6 Valor saves the day: reduce damage done to you by 15%, increase damage done to your opponent by 10%.

Dark inflicts 10% of their available FP in damage (10.50 FP)
TC inflicts 75% of their available FP in damage (18.75 FP) and disrupts the Dark

Dark survivors -- 98.50 FP
TC survivors -- 14.50 FP

Dave Baughman

Op Round 5

TC takes advantage of Dark disruption to sit back and hit them with orbital strikes for a turn.

Orbital strike

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10[/blockquote]