[RP/MM] Turn 38 Invasion - CDS vs CCC - Homer (HW2137) All Sub-Hexes

Started by Holt, April 10, 2010, 01:22:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holt

Ok so now Adder troops are showing up, something that might have been inportant a few weeks ago. I will roll init to see which forces arrive first.

Init:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 5, total 6[/blockquote]

DisGruntled

There are troops there too, but we've been waiting to hear back on the troop movements in bound as well.  We still haven't gotten the ok officially.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote]

Holt

But if the troops are on your sheets as moving into this hex, why are you waiting for the official word? Well, Shark forces enter the hex before the movement in of these troops.

Dave Baughman

[Sharks will engage any hex occupied by the Scientist Cobras and all forces and will engage any Adder force trying to interfere. Unless the next post by the Adders is engaging the Cobras on the world. Dave please post what hexes are occupied and FP of renegade Cobras, once defenders are posted attackers will be also.]

Are you planning to attack individual hexes only or attack the entire planet? The list of units posted was only an OOC note to clarify the fact that Cobras were still "in the wild" on the planet - unless intel ops or other methods of detection have been used you wouldn't know their FP.

Having said that, the clarified rules allow raids (i.e. Recon Raid) to be used as part of an invasion, if the Sharks want to launch such a probe during the first round of combat to find out what they are facing.

Star Adder players, standby for a PM following up on our discussion last night
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

GraeGor

Quote from: Dave Baughman on April 30, 2010, 12:37:59 AM

(ooc: mind if I sit by....my knees and ankles can tolerate long periods of time standing)

Dave Baughman

Quote from: GraeGor on April 30, 2010, 12:43:04 AM
Quote from: Dave Baughman on April 30, 2010, 12:37:59 AM

(ooc: mind if I sit by....my knees and ankles can tolerate long periods of time standing)

+1 for making a funny.

Srsly though, check your PM box.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

GraeGor

Quote from: Dave Baughman on April 30, 2010, 01:14:31 AM
+1 for making a funny.

Srsly though, check your PM box.

(ooc: I am there now...making a few notes for myself, then will be sending out a couple of PMs...one is destined for you)

Holt

[Ok launching a Recon Raid 2FP from the 101st Strike Cluster   Regular   Reliable, not sure who they are facing, but whomever it is, here the roll.]

CDS Recon Raid Damage, 2FP
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]

Holt

CDS Damage: 2FP * 60% = 1.25FP

Raid Defender Roll, and Defender Damage needed still.

DisGruntled

A contingent of loyal Adders approaches sector 2118.  Opening up a short range com channel.....

"Scientist conspirators, your time has come.  I, Star Colonel Calvin Hobbs, have been tasked with ending your unlawful resistance.  The time for you to begin facing the consequences of your actions has arrived.  Those that surrender or survive will receive a fair trial.  Konw also that Adder reinforcements are en route, and that you shall suffer a far worse fate if the Diamond Sharks have there way.

97th Cobra Guards (The Crimson Guard)-aero   Veteran   Questionable   6   
73rd Cobra Guards (The Ebony Guard)-aero   Regular   Reliable   11,75   
1st Strike Cluster-aero   Regular   Reliable   6   
59th Cobra Guards (The Silver Guards)-aero   Regular   Fanatical   12   

On a much different note.... The former 5th Cobra Coil approaches sector 2416.

"Warriors of the 33rd Battle Cluster welcome back to the light of Kerensky's vision.  I, Star Colonel Jonathon Steiner, shall be your shepherd guiding the way into our rightful place amidst the Adders.  We have much to discuss."

5th Cobra Coil (Arm of Ares)-ground   Regular   Questionable   1,875   

ooc: woulda been more but there's a minor emergency here that I have to go deal with.

Holt

[Upon seeing the Adders activity on the surface, the Shark dropships slow their transit to the planet. I would think the intel raid procedes.]

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Holt on April 30, 2010, 05:09:14 PM
[Upon seeing the Adders activity on the surface, the Shark dropships slow their transit to the planet. I would think the intel raid procedes.]

Correct, due to the DS winning init, the raid goes off prior to the arrival of Adder forces.

Raid Defense Roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote]

Simple Res Roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

2 FP defends against the CDS recon raid.

Crit check [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

No crit.

CCC defenders inflict 1.5 FP after rounding.

Recon team identifies the attackers as elements of the 14th Experimental Cluster, R/Q - no other intelligence is gathered.

Somewhat later, after the arrival of Adder forces (vicinity of hex 2118)

Quote"Star Adder forces, this is Director Lucius Kolomogorov. I understand that you believe us to be villians of the darkest character, but you have been mislead. Right now, you are acting as pawns to powers who are maneuvering towards nothing less than the total destruction of Clan society and the permanent termination of the Founder's mission. At this juncture, we cannot surrender to you; we have no illusions as to what our fate would be in the hands of Clan justice following the events that occured on Strana Mechty."

"If you move to seize control of this enclave, we will have no choice to defend ourselves. On the other hand, if you ensure our security for sixty days (OOC - one turn), we will depart peacefully and permanently. In exchange for your protection, you have my word as a true loyalist to the Founder's vision that we will share with your Watch the truth of the events that occured at Strana Mechty."

Sector 2416...

"Jonathan Steiner, we have been waiting for you. Thor's Hammer is at your disposal."

OOC - 33rd Battle Cluster places itself under your command.

GraeGor

Quote from: Dave Baughman on April 30, 2010, 08:19:10 PM

Somewhat later, after the arrival of Adder forces (vicinity of hex 2118)

Quote"Star Adder forces, this is Director Lucius Kolomogorov. I understand that you believe us to be villians of the darkest character, but you have been mislead. Right now, you are acting as pawns to powers who are maneuvering towards nothing less than the total destruction of Clan society and the permanent termination of the Founder's mission. At this juncture, we cannot surrender to you; we have no illusions as to what our fate would be in the hands of Clan justice following the events that occured on Strana Mechty."

"If you move to seize control of this enclave, we will have no choice to defend ourselves. On the other hand, if you ensure our security for sixty days (OOC - one turn), we will depart peacefully and permanently. In exchange for your protection, you have my word as a true loyalist to the Founder's vision that we will share with your Watch the truth of the events that occured at Strana Mechty."

Shortly after the the Enclave addressed the approaching Adder contingent, a reply was made, "Director Lucius Kolomogorov, if what you claim is true then you should accept the Trial result. Set aside your arms and assist is ferreting out those that brought your Clan down, instead of wasting time and men that could be put to more productive use elsewhere, that is if you still possess the honor of true Clansmen."

"Continue with your current actions and you will be buried where you fall, and those that survive will be interrogated rigorously. Your opportunity to run has passed, either abide by the Ruling of the ilKhan and the Adder's subsequent success, or fight. Clan Star Adder has no wish to, nor will we, punish the innocent, or those that were duped. However, all will be subject to questioning to determine their part, if any, in this whole debacle. No one is above suspicion!"

"It was elements within Clans Cloud Cobra, Fire Mandrill, and others that brought this about, and unfortunately your Clan suffered greatly because of those elements. As we speak multiple Clans are moving on the remnants of Clan Fire Mandrill in the Homeworlds, while yours was given the chance to remain relatively intact, minus those that fled to the Inner Sphere to seek a place as part of Clans Wolf and Goliath Scorpion."

"If you truly seek the fulfillment of the Founder Mission, to unify the Clans and Inner Sphere, then your intelligence should allow you to see that this is a step in that direction. Claim an honorable place within Clan Star Adder, share all that you know with the Watch without hesitation, and be part of the Future. Or not. In thirty seconds my forces will act per their orders, and any resistance will be met with a concentrated response."

"You have thirty seconds to decide the length of your lifespan, how you will be remembered, and the fates of all those that follow your lead, Director Lucius Kolomogorov. Star Colonel Calvin Hobbs out."

"Twenty Nine, twenty eight, twenty seven twenty...," the transmission continues, the countdown being relayed on all frequencies and continued in a feminine voice (ooc: ala Star Trek...hehehe), as the sensor arrays within the former Cobra enclave register fusion engine output peaking as the Adder forces begin putting some distance between themselves so as to present smaller groupings for possible artillery attacks, as well as a defense against strafing runs from rebel ASF and/or conventional aircraft.

(ooc: if there is no response that would constitute surrender - white flag, powering down of weapons/Mechs/ASFs, etc - then the Adder forces will open up with long ranged, concentrated fire on one target by multiple Mechs, moving to another once initial target is destroyed...unless Dis or IM wanna play it out via MM, then it's however they wanna work it)