Main Menu

[Combat Ops][Complete] Turn 3, 3338 Deifenbaker

Started by Mekorig, April 11, 2010, 11:10:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mekorig

A jumpship appears in a pirate point near Deifenbaker, and dropships detach.

QuoteAttackers appear in operational round 1

Units present: Elements of The Red Chasseurs (nationality: Taurian concordat)

Engagement Intensity: Raid

Mekorig

Taurian Concordat Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Raid defense roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

• One bottom-level unit allowed for air defense
  • Defender may field 100% of raider's FP
  • No initiative modifier

FS initiative[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

TC wins initiative and may declare orders first.

Mekorig

So, if the Raiders began in Jump Point theater, i have to advance or get out of the system, right?

OR 1 TC Orders

* Jump Point - move - Elements of The Red Chasseurs
    * Atmo/Orbit - no units
    * Surface - no units

Is this right?

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Mekorig on May 05, 2010, 11:27:36 PM
So, if the Raiders began in Jump Point theater, i have to advance or get out of the system, right?

OR 1 TC Orders

* Jump Point - move - Elements of The Red Chasseurs
    * Atmo/Orbit - no units
    * Surface - no units

Is this right?

The orders you posted above are perfect, though you can also use "Landing" orders to deposit your troops on the planet at the same time your transports move in. That notwithstanding, your orders are 100% correct.

FS orders for turn 1

• Jump Point - no units
  • Atmo/Orbit - Interception - elements of Capellan Dragoons BCT Aerospace (2 STU-D6 Stukas from Wing #1, Squadron A) R/R 5 FP, HO. No orders - Capellan Dragoons BCT Aerospace
  • Surface - no orders - Capellan Dragoons BCT, Capellan Dragoons BCT Infantry

5 FP FS vs. 12 FP TC

FS[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

TC[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

FS inflicts 1 FP to the TC transport group. TC ground forces also sustain 1 FP.

TC inflicts 3 FP to the FS interceptors.

TC scores 60 points
FS scores 8 points

Decisive TC victory

TC successfully completes move order.

Surviving Units
Elements of Capellan Dragoons Aerospace - 2/5 FP
Elements of 221st Transport Fleet - 11/12 FP

Victory Points:

• Jump Point: none
  • Atmo/Orbit: TC 3, FS 0
  • Surface: none

Initiative for op round 2

FS[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 3, total 8[/blockquote]

TC[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC wins initiative again, so you can declare your turn 2 orders first.

Oh, one minor feedback: technically last turn your orders should have read:

• Jump Point: Advance to Atmo/Orbit: Elements of 221st Transport Fleet, No orders: Elements of Red Chasseurs*
  • Atmo/Orbit: No units
  • Surface: No units

*The reason the Chasseurs are on "no orders" is because they are passively riding on the Transport Fleet this turn.

Dave Baughman

Salvage pool currently stands at 4 FP.

Mekorig

So, things would continue like this?

• Jump Point: No Units
  • Atmo/Orbit: No orders: Elements of 221st Transport Fleet, Landing: Elements of Red Chasseurs
  • Surface: No units¨

Dave Baughman

Quote from: Mekorig on May 06, 2010, 02:25:37 PM
So, things would continue like this?

• Jump Point: No Units
  • Atmo/Orbit: Advance to Atmo/Orbit: Elements of 221st Transport Fleet, No orders(?): Elements of Red Chasseurs
  • Surface: No units¨

*Can i order the ground troops to land from here, or i must wait to OR 3?

At this point, your transports are already in the atmo/orbit threater so they don't need to advance there any more. They can, however, use landing orders to deposit your troops if you are so inclined.

Its worth noting also that "landing" does not require you to be in the atmo/orbit theater - you can initiate a landing op from the jump point theater if you want (the order automatically moves your transports to orbit as part of its execution).

Mekorig

Dave Baughman

FS orders for turn 2

JP - no units
A/O - Interception: elements of Capellan Dragoons ASF (2 STU-D6 Stukas from wing #1, squadron B) 5 FP R/R (HO).
S - no orders - Capellan Dragoons BCT, Capellan Dragoons BCT Infantry

Simple Res TC/FS

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10
Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC crit check
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]