[RP/MM] Turn 44 Dark vs. TC Invasion (continued) -- 3340 Taurus

Started by Dave Baughman, November 18, 2010, 02:39:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Continued from turn 43

Both SLDF and Dark reinforcements are trying to arrive.

SLDF initiative [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]

Dark initiative [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

SLDF reinforcements arrive first.

Dark reinforcements will arrive second (assuming they aren't caught up at Gant)

Fox-class Corvette SLS Victor Steiner Davion arrives during Op Round 1 to assist the assist in the defense of Taurus.

Any TC activity (orbital strikes, etc?) during Op Round 1, or shall we go straight to Op Round 2 when Dark reinforcements arrive?
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Fatebringer

FS Initiative

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 5, total 6[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Fatebringer

At the same time the SLS Victor Steiner Davion (Fox) Arrives so does another pair of Warships.

The Melissa Davion Battle Group prepares to sets up in Blockade formation above Taurus

FSS Melissa Davion (Avalon), Regular / Reliable, 20 FP
FSS Fox (Fox), Regular / Reliable, 10.25 FP

Jeyar

While there are forces in system, to bring in the other ones:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 2, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

TC planned reinforcements arrive at the same time as the Dark.

Jeyar, during the first operational round are you going to be bombarding and/or nuking the Dark from orbit? If so lets roll that out now, otherwise we can move onto Op Round 2 when Dark and TC reinforcements arrive.

Jeyar

Orbital bombardment:
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 2, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Dark scatter - percentage exposed [blockquote]Rolled 2d6+5 : 5, 6 + 5, total 16[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Dark damage ceiling is 12.00 FP
Damage inflicted is 5.00 FP

Dark takes 5.00 FP, 70.75 FP survives

Op Round 2,

At the same time TC reinforcements arrive, a Dark Congress jumps in.

"Attention enemy forces, this is Star Commodore Anderson Stiles. My orders are to recover the ground forces that you are currently subjecting to cowardly orbital bombardment. My preliminary sensor sweeps detect several WarShips and it seems unlikely my forces could penetrate your lines alone; consequently, I am willing to make you an offer."

"The forces on the planet below are under orders to deploy chemical and biological weapons as they leave, completely destroying Taurus biosphere and killing the entire civilian population of the planet. If you pull back and allow the forces to depart unmolested, you have my word of honor that I will order them to cancel this operation."

"You have the opportunity to save several billion lives. Consider my offer carefully. I expect a response within twenty-four hours. Stiles out."

Jeyar

[OOC] Not exactly sure how to respond. I no longer know what is possible in game. Assuming that what you're talking about is possible, I suppose their forces can leave. [/OOC]

Dave Baughman

(OOC: You need to make an in character decision. If you think they're bluffing, call their bluff. If you don't believe they're bluffing, then decide whether or not you are willing to accede to their demands.)

Dave Baughman

Actually, let me clarify what I mean:

My advice on how to react is this: decide your reaction the same way you would react if another faction's player appeared under the same circumstances and made the same claim. Don't assume that because the Dark is GM controlled that they are either more or less likely than a player to make good on the same threat.

Jeyar

In that case:
30 FP aerospace stop the Dark from dealing with the warships:

Bombardment
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 3, total 6[/blockquote]

NVA

So it won't be missed, if I understand jeyars intent correctly and he is boarding, the SLDF will move immediately against the. Dark warship, with appropriate rp first