[RP/MM] Turn 44, Solaris vs. FWL Uprising -- 2025 Solaris VII

Started by Dave Baughman, November 18, 2010, 03:30:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

"It's game time, Solaris fans!"

"This is Duncan Fisher, coming to you on Radio Free Xolara, and do we have a great show in store for you today. By popular demand, we'll be kicking off the 3070 liberation tour with a free-for-all match - every true Solaris jock worth his salt versus every two-bit running-dog Free Worlder bastard they can find. So stay tuned and keep indoors, because today's game is going to get a little rough!"

Planet Solaris VII
Free Worlds League
17 March 3070
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

Solaris Home Defense League starting FP [blockquote]Rolled 8d6 : 5, 1, 3, 5, 3, 6, 5, 1, total 29[/blockquote]

FWL sympathizers starting FP [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 1, total 2[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

29 FP of Solaris warriors spill into the streets to attack FWL troops wherever they can find them.

Shocked by the sudden attack, only 2 FP of FWL gladiators can join the fight during the first operational round.

Special Scenario

Depending on the outcome of each round, either side will receive random reinforcements as more stables throw in their lot with one side or the other.

Cannonshop

Checking to see if the Inarcs Jaegers (in transit to Solaris for a while now) arrive before, or during the festivities...

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Rebellion quasi-initiative roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Cannonshop

"Cowells, take your company north and secure a perimeter around the hospitals, Corliss, I want Second battalion and fifth clearing and securing corridors to evacuate non-combatants from the area, Vuat, get on the horn to the Commodore, have the Task Force assume a blockade of the system-nobody gets in or out except civil-relief or escape convoys-Zinzer, get your Commo chappies overriding ol' Duncan's signal, and broadcast a Quarantine warning for the Solaris System, turn all arriving commercial boats back the way they came."

"Over all plan, sir?"  Major Carlos Montoya (6th Infantry battalion) asked, adding, "What about our employers?"

"Contain the violence, get the civilians out of the way, then we'll see if we can't put this thing down before there's a repeat of the '62 Riots."  Here, the General frowned, "They hired Marines to pull security here, we transited for six months just to GET here.  I'll leave it to the goddamn diplomats to figure out if we're breaking any Leaguer morals by treating this like a really well-armed Plague Riot...which reminds me-we're not going to have another ratfuck like Oxford, or Placidia, I want the air wing loaded for bear and wheels up in ten minutes with orders to deliver the mail on-call in support of clearing those civilian corridors and establishing save zones..."

"SIr, they're just fucking Jocks!" someone commented.

General Elliott Blackstone turned to the voice, "Johnson? you're Johnson, right? Yeah, they're just fucking jocks-running riot in high-end prototype machines, which means they don't have the faintest idea how NOT to shoot anything that moves, including civilians.  These guys fight Battlemech fights for a living-they're not professional soldier enough to know the difference between a school-bus running away, and an armoured personnel carrier, so we don't take any fucking chances by letting them go out and make that mistake, savvy? If non-lethals would work, we'd be using non-lethals, but 'mechs are sealed against the environment, so they won't, so we have to do this the hard fucking way, now get your ass back to the QM section and start working out how to move supplies, and what we can spare to treat the people who're going to get in the goddamned way."

"Aye aye, sir."

Blackstone's RTO piped up, "Sir, The Governor's on the line, it looks like the Militia were caught flat-footed..."

"Fuck me with a running vibroblade...." he sighed, "Okay, I'm ready to hear what the civil representative of our employers has to say."

Cannonshop

Task Force T-2 Establishes Defensive Interdiction
[FP=13.75]
In the event of a boarding result, the Task Force has a Marine total of 25.

Inarcs Jaegers (3rd Brigade, 2nd UIW Marine Strike) Regular/Reliable
12.25 ground (battlemech)
1.5 (infantry/Battlearmour)
4 Aero (on Ground Support)

Mission profile is to protect the civilians and civic infrastructure at this point, while containing the violence until the government can get its feet under it. (Forced withdrawal rules DO apply!)  For MM purposes ('cause, let's face it, THIS situation screams for Megamekking!) Aero forces will be in support of any ground units, but bombing runs are limited to HE or Laser Guided only-no Cluster or Inferno missions in the first through third phases.

Scenarios here are likely to focus on "Protect the Convoy" missions or "Hold the line" (Hospitals, power-stations, telephone exchanges and the like).

If nobody else will do it, I'll reserve time to get my ass well-and-truly-kicked in Megamek for this-I do NOT want this going to simpres either in the case of Aero, or Ground combat. this is on SOLARIS for grue's sake...and besides, we have until january to finish this up...no need to rush.

Regardless of what Chaos decides to do, the Inarcs Jaegers were hired by the fWL to protect Solaris, so they're gonna fight to do just that.  If it's not to the FWL's liking, well, there are penalties and the UIW will probably have to bear those penalties, but these guys came from the Plague Zone-they have a certain...perspective-first you protect the civilians, then you contain the rioters, then you worry about your image-a lot of these troops have seen Plague Riots, which are pretty gruesome events, so 'containing' the riot proably isn't how a Police Regiment would do it...or normal Militia.

chaosxtreme

11th Free Worlds League Legionnaires 29.75
"Glad to see you boys made the party. You can get this party started in Elsietown...I mean Selesia. We are going to clear out the the rioters in the international sector then get Montenegro organized.

Once those areas are secured we can linkup and settle up Kobe, Cathay, and the Black Hills.

These "Gladiators" are good shots but they haven't got the first clue about how to fight a campaign. Watch your heat and watch your buddies and this ought to go smooth as silk."

chaosxtreme

OOC: FWL is fine with this being a MM Event. Lets face it everything stops for this turn as of Dec 7th. ;-)

If the GM's are interested Im fine with this Solaris event being spread out until January for people to get MM games to effect the outcome.

Thoughts?

Fatebringer

Dave Baughman

Quote from: chaosxtreme on November 25, 2010, 04:57:04 PM
OOC: FWL is fine with this being a MM Event. Lets face it everything stops for this turn as of Dec 7th. ;-)

If the GM's are interested Im fine with this Solaris event being spread out until January for people to get MM games to effect the outcome.

Thoughts?

I have no objections to allowing Solaris to continue during the 3-week break. Also, CS, I got your PM and I am reviewing the ideas you presented... I will follow up as soon as I have time to draw up a comprehensive answer.

chaosxtreme

First MegaMek game.
FWL = Host
Cannonshop = Arluna forces
Deathrider = Gladiators

Victory!
-------------------

Winner is: TEAM #2

FWL: 0 BV remaining (from 0 initially) 0 BV fled
cannonshop: 5827 BV remaining (from 6697 initially) 0 BV fled
Deathrider06: 0 BV remaining (from 5637 initially) 87 BV fled

Survivors are:
Enfield END-6Q (cannonshop)
Pilot : Albert Dormer [4/5] ( 2 hit(s) )
Kills : 1

Griffin GRF-6S (cannonshop)
Pilot : Madalene Boja [4/5] ( 4 hit(s)   )

Standard (CS-Flamer) (cannonshop)
Gunnery Skill : Crispino Bonometti [4]
Kills : 0

Standard (CS-SRM) (cannonshop)
Gunnery Skill : Kim-My Bui [4]

MechWarrior Baird Vaides (Deathrider06)
Gunnery Skill : Baird Vaides [4] ( 5 hit(s) )

The following units are in retreat:
Jump Platoon (SRM) (Deathrider06)
Gunnery Skill : Denzel Der [4]

Jump Platoon (SRM) #2 (Deathrider06)
Gunnery Skill : Justine Grande [4]

Graveyard contains:
Rottweiler #2 (cannonshop)
Gunnery Skill : Leila Hama [4]
Destroyed by pilot error.

Commando COM-7S (Deathrider06)
Pilot : Kaleb Canosa [4/5] ( 6 hit(s)   )
Destroyed by Bushwacker BSW-S2 (cannonshop)

Hollander II BZK-F7 (cannonshop)
Pilot : Sarita Ingham [4/5]
Destroyed by Rommel Tank (Gauss) (Deathrider06)

Motorized Platoon (SRM) (Deathrider06)
Gunnery Skill : Barton Kim [4] ( 6 hit(s)   )
Destroyed by Rottweiler (cannonshop)

Bushwacker BSW-S2 (cannonshop)
Pilot : Gopalkrishnan Jamshed [4/5] ( 1 hit(s) )
Destroyed by Rommel Tank (Gauss) (Deathrider06)

BattleMaster BLR-4S (Deathrider06)
Pilot : Kathel Johanssen [4/5] ( 6 hit(s)   )

Rommel Tank (Gauss) (Deathrider06)
Driver : Neville Davi [4/5]
Kills : 2
Destroyed by Griffin GRF-6S (cannonshop)

LRM Carrier (Deathrider06)
Driver : Guignard Koguchi [4/5]
Destroyed by Enfield END-6Q (cannonshop)

Rottweiler (cannonshop)
Gunnery Skill : Bonifazio Masaccio [4]
Destroyed by Jump Platoon (SRM) #2 (Deathrider06)

The following utterly destroyed units are not available for salvage:
Firestarter FS9-S (Deathrider06)
Pilot : Baird Vaides [4/5] ( 5 hit(s) )

Detailed unit status saved to entitystatus.txt

chaosxtreme

OOC Its open to all. I'd be happy to play you in a game.

PM Me and we will setup a time that works with your schedule.

- Chaos