[RP/MM] T 44 CSC vs Lyran Ind. ToP/Invasion? Caldarium 0616 [Complete]

Started by Marlin, November 18, 2010, 08:43:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

The Spirit Cat returns...

"People of Caldarium, we have returned to claim our rightful possession and to guarantee your standard of living in these insecure times.
I am Galaxy Commander Rederick Nostra of the Sting Keshik and have also with me the 6th Den Cluster to get what the Clan wants. Who will stand against my claim?"

Dave Baughman

LC Loyalty check
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 5, total 6[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

(OOC: Replacement for original RP due to a continuity error on my part)

"Galaxy Commander Rederick Nostra, this is Hauptmann Albrecht Redmond, Burggraf von Caldarium. My planet is under the protection of the Star Leage Defense Force, and they will meet any attempts to level Clan agression against this planet. Caldarium may be a minor world, but we are proud and we are Lyran and we will not submit without a fight."

The civil government formally requests assistance from MOC/SLDF forces present on the planet... but just in case the militia mobilizes too.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

'Hmm.. a Hauptmann, hm?' Rederick thought.

"Then let your would-be protectors speak up. You should know by now, that the Lyrans and its people are not protected by the SLDF, but rather used as pawns in the struggle to not lose more ground against the might of the Clans. Their interest extends only to your pockets and their master's mood."

Parmenion

OOC:  Mmmmmm...

My planet lacks the military forces to defend against your invasion force

That's not entirely correct.  Although the MAF forces on planet would have reciprocated the Spirit Cats following the 'win' over them a few cycles ago.  

Then again, the civil governor is still calling the shots, even those the Magistracy had on at least one occasion, asked what he/she was going to do.

http://intelser.org/forums/index.php?topic=114.165

Marlin

OOC: so is Kit still there?

If all goes well, then there shall be a meeting.

GraeGor

A single pulse preceded the arrival of a single civilian class JumpShip, it's IFF and Sail, once deployed, clearly identified it as belonging to Clan Star Adder, or as it has rechristened itself and the Lyran worlds that were swayed over, the Star Adder Commonwealth States.

It hangs nearly motionless, only its station keeping drives indicating that it still functions, that is until a message is broadcast to the planet "above":

"People of Caldarium, I am Prior Reigle, former Colonel of the Amminadav Militia. I have seen the horrors of true unrestrained War, both against and besides the Clans. Such experiences have brought unto me enlightenment, thus I and the 46 survivors of my Unit have resigned from active combat duty," the man's voice takes on a quality of sincerity that is nearly hypnotic, "instead we now go out amongst those worlds that were once proud to be called Lyran. We seek to bring them under the divine rule of Charlamagne Steiner and the Holy Embrace of The Adder of their own will," the Prior's tone is one of utter belief that what he says is the Absolute Truth, and amongst those present on the Bridge, more than a few shiver at this realization...

"I ask to be heard by your leadership and your citizens. May I have permission to land?"

Dave Baughman

OOC: As much as I would like to play out the duel, since MOC troops are present the whole chain of events leading up to the RP (the loyalty roll, etc) don't happen. I will edit the RP accordingly.

Marlin

Parmenion

"Sir.  the Burggraf, Hauptmann Redmond has responded to the Spirit Cat batchall.  Stated that the SLDF is going to defend Caldarium against any Clan aggression."

Kit deSummersVille had an itch to look over his shoulder to find where exactly all those SLDF forces on planet were, but kept that inclination in check.  Instead.

"Get me the Burggraf.  Immediately."

In moments, the headquarters communications techs had made contact with the planetary command headquarters and the Burggraf. 

"My Lord.  No doubt the Spirit Cats will require a follow up response, so we do not have much time.  My troops are available to defend your planet, but just as how we liberated this world via a Clan style trial of possession, so we shall defend it.  The Cats, unlike those filth Mandrills, have honoured this world with a formal trial, and if you agree to my troops fighting under Clan honour rules, then I shall respond accordingly."

(ooc:  just as a thought, should the Spirit Cats and SACS roll for initiative to see who arrives first?)

Marlin

OOC why not.

Init: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8[/blockquote]

GraeGor

[ooc: makes no difference to me really, but I'll go along]

Init
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 4, total 10[/blockquote]

Parmenion

I think we need a Lyran player (or Dave B) to respond to deSummersVille's statement that he will defend the system, but it will be under Clan honour rules. 

As an aside, I just remembered something.  Horse Alliance initiative:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 4, total 7[/blockquote]

Parmenion

Caldarium System
Horse Alliance Jumpship 'Pack at Tamaron'

"Star Captain.  Sensors indicate a single jumpship belonging to Clan Star Adder.  However there is a large jumpship fleet bearing Magistracy of Canopus codes, and in amongst them is a heavy cruiser.  Signal traffic has the planet as still under Lyran Commonwealth rule."

"Lyran rule?  Close enough and done.  Communicate to the planet that we are detaching two dropships bearing Inner Sphere personnel.  And inform the Free Worlds commander that our duty as per his batchall is complete.  He has thirty minutes to remove himself and his command."

"Aff, Star Captain."

ooc:  surviving elements of the Dark Shadows (Elite 2.25RP) have been returned to the Inner Sphere by Horse Alliance ships, as per the terms of the trial won by the FWL force at Niles.