[RP/MM] T44 CIH vs Skye 2118 Grunwald Invasion

Started by Marlin, November 18, 2010, 11:04:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

Like Odessa, the Planet will be taken.

Blockade and Invasion.

Dave Baughman

"Clan forces, you have been detected. Know that this planet is protected by the Lyran Royal Guards. Do any of your warriors dare issue batchall?"
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

The hurried movement from Sudeten was tiring for the saKhan, nevertheless, after a jaw-breaking yawn, he answered to them.

"Lyran Guards, you should know the fate of your brethren. Wherever the saKhan of the Ice Hellion treads, there are only broken machines and dead Warriors left. In light of the 24th fate however, I know that many of them were brave warriors. You have the chance to lay down your weapons, surrender and I will see if you can be repatriated. You could even serve your people in staying with my Clan and be incorporated as its defenders. As I see it, there is no Lyran nation anymore. In the case of not doing so, I will use full force. Be Afraid! All of Beta Galaxy will decend upon you!"

Dave Baughman

LC Loyalty Check (+1 for Royal Guards unit, +1 for front-line 'Mech unit)

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 3, 1 + 2, total 6[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Dave Baughman

"Hellion saKhan, our principle mission is to ensure the safety of planet Grunwald and its civilian inhabitants. To avoid a massacre we are willing to negotiate, but do not mistake this gesture: if your terms are unacceptable, we will fight you to the bitter end. The Commonwealth may be sundered, but our oathes to its people remain."

(OOC: First Guards are willing to declare Grunwald an open star system under their protection and not interfere with Clan or SLDF troop movements if you leave the planet and its near orbitals unmolested.)

Marlin

"To who am I talking? I am saKhan Connor Rood of Clan Ice Hellion. We shall meet on safe Ground. I do not treat the premier Royal Guards lightly, although you will know that you are outnumbered and outclassed.

You and one of your staff shall meet me, we will be landing at a secure location. No hostilities are to be opened until we conclude the meeting. Are these terms acceptable, quiaff?

The Forces prepare to land. The blockade however, remains.

Dave Baughman

"This is Hauptmann Alexander Carlysle, son of Grayson Death Carlysle. I command the First Royals and I shall meet with you under the circumstances you have proposed. Transmit your meeting place and I shall depart presently."

Marlin

*location sent* Some wooden terrain or sth. The wood will be supervised by CIH. No weapons allowed.

Are you sure a Haupmann commands an RCT?

Dave Baughman

(OOC: His promotion was never confirmed before the LC blew up, so he's been "acting CO" for a while now)

Marlin

"Welcome, Alexander. Now, I am not that  versed in the Inner Sphere's and the former Lyran's ranks, but is a Hauptmann not a subaltern rank? Would a unit like the 1st Royal Guards not have at least a Colonel or Lt. Colonel in its ranks. And now the final question: how would such Officer heed to the Commands of a lowly Captain?" Connor asked the young Captain when they met and exchanged greetings.

Connor had decided to listen to this Carlysle offspring as this was what a Khan would do. If they would reach a conclusion was doubtful, a peaceful one, that is. No doubt, on one word from him, they would steamroll the enemy. While not very nice, it needed to be done. Even one RCT could prove distastrous when left alone.

Dave Baughman

"With all the respect due to your rank, saKhan, do not mock the circumstance that I and my fellow officers must serve under," Carlylse said with just a bit of a twinge of anger, "You are well aware that the Lyran Commonwealth's central government has been going through upheavals for months and that the beaurocracy of such trivial matters as confirming battlefield promotions has ground to a halt. In either event, my rank is irrelevant; it is the forces I command which matter."

"To answer your question, however, I believe that if you trick yourself into thinking that my rank means the Royals will not follow my orders... then you will be sadly mistaken."

"I'm certain you have already reviewed the terms we have proposed to you in order to avoid violence. Will you accept these terms? If not, what - if anything - is your counter-offer?"

Marlin

Connor looked sternly at his young vis-รก-vis.

"I do not mock anything. It is just incomprehensible to me. Not the situation you are in but the structure of your ranks. In any case, I do not doubt you that you are in command and the Guards will heed to you. You will be held responsible for it.

So, back to our main topic: your dedication for protecting the people on this planet is laudable and I agree that this is a noble quest. To keep you as neutrals in our back however, is not feasible for the Clan in its mission against the Terrans."

He leaned forward to the Captain.

"Here is what I propose to you and your Warriors:

You may choose to become part of the Clan, formally, take over duty as Defenders of Grunwald only, or additionally the former Lyran Worlds, including Summit. When Odessa is ours, even that. You will stay on either Grunwald proper or choose to move to any of the other worlds. Basically you would be the protectors of these people against outside predation. Unless you petition for it, you or your Warriors will not be used in offensive operations. You will be the Guardian of several Millions, if not billions of Lyran people, the ones you vowed to protect. No harm shall be done to them, although we will have to search for Terrans among them.

You will stay Warriors, as we have already many volunteering to join us. The planets we have freed are developing and improving. Those that join the Clan as Castemembers gain benefits, those that stay as what they are, unless interfering with Clan security, can do so.

There is no other option other than destruction and this is what I can offer. Choose wisely. Not many have heard this offer, especially from me.

With your command, you will also gain weight within the Clan's decisions. Make no mistake, only united there is a chance to keep them at bay and the sooner we can reach Terran worlds, the sooner your people will be free from their terrible stranglehold."

He gasped for air, to be convincing with many words was nothing he excelled at, yet. But his followers saw something in him.

"You know your people is just a pawn for the Terrans. They do what they want. Look at Tamar and other planets where they use WMDs at whim. My Clan has not done this to you or any people. And hopefully never will.

We are better than propaganda has said we are. You are not pawns, instead, we rely on our people. If you want to experience this you have to decide. Life in the Clan FOR your people or death. I might take you as bondsman though, if you choose to fight," he added with a glimpse of a smile, "but the lifes of your Warriors will sadly be forfeited to a great degree. I know, I have seen this waste. Choose wisely, Alexander of the Carlysles, you have 24 hours."

There he stood up from a stump, which had made his seat in this wood, and in the distance one could hear noises from patrolling Warmachines. This wood was beautiful.

He did not know how Alexander would react, and to a degree expected him to decline and choose death. It was a waste, he knew now, but what he had said was true and to him was one of his better speeches, yet. If he once would be Khan, he still would have to improve, though.

Back to the young man, it was better to watch him, lest he did something stupid.

He seemed to think hard already, did he not?

Dave Baughman

"Frankly, saKhan, I do not know how to react to you offer. The part of me that is a Lyran officer is deeply offended that you would so casually propose what is by any definition treason against my nation, regardless of its present dire straits; however, I must also confess that my logical mind tells me that I cannot accept or decline such an offer on my own. I will put your offer to my men, and I then you will have our answer."

(OOC: Do you let him depart?)

Marlin

"That is expected, Captain. Ask your men and women. Neither of these two decisions are made lightly. To me, there is no Lyran State anymore. Bargained well and done." He stood and waited for Alexander to leave. His face stoic but not hostile.

(Already said that Alex had 24 hours, see above)

Dave Baughman

The Royal Guards debate the terms presented to them by Clan Ice Hellion...

LC Loyalty Check (with +2 modifier)
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6+2 : 5, 1 + 2, total 8[/blockquote]