Main Menu

[Combat Ops] Turn 9 - 2418 Al Hillah [Complete - RD Win]

Started by Fatebringer, November 18, 2010, 08:31:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fatebringer

"The Rasalhague Dominion, part Bear, part Wyrvn! No matter which part you are, the Slow Feeders will feed upon our spoils so that the pack may grow! I Star Colonel Leslie Carns demand that worthy warriors accept my challenge to the the following provisions!" (A vast list of supplies accompany the challenge - 50 RP worth)

The following units arrive on Operational Turn 2 on Trial (Skirmish) Orders.

Epsilon Transport Star
2nd Wolf Cavalry Cluster - SL Heavy Mech Cluster
2nd Wolf Cavalry Aero - SL Heavy ASF Trinary

Fatebringer

Fatebringer

"Star Colonel Carns! You face today the 68th Striker Cluster! Our blood was shed on many worlds in the claiming of  lands, so much so that half my Cluster is born from the blood of valorous warriors that went before them! Al Hillah is no different! We are prepared to meet you on this burning and desolate rock because, it is OUR burning and desolate rock, and we shall prove that why that blood is worth birthing the sibkos of the future! I bid two binaries in defense of our supplies!"

68th Striker Cluster (FL Light Mech Cluster - Bid: 1 LT BLU, 1 MED BLU) R/R, 32 FP

Fatebringer

"Your bid of stars has been matches by Star Captain Rorey, but from our own second line mechs! Once we best you, we will have the resources to upgrade to front line mechs and march the fields of battle! Bargained well and done! Let us see if a polar creature can stand the heat!"

2nd Wolf Cavalry Cluster (SL Heavy Mech Cluster - Bid: 1 LT BLU, 1 MED BLU) R/R, 25 FP

Fatebringer

Fatebringer

OP4

CW - Battle Orders
RD - Battle Orders

CW Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 2, total 7[/blockquote]

RD Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

CW: 25 * .4 = 10 FP
RD: 32 * .25 = 8 FP

No Crits

CW = 25 - 8 = 17 (68%)
RD = 32 - 12 = 22 (69%)

Victory Points
Match is a Draw
CW: 1
RD: 1

(Going to take this one to round two, RD only has 69% because of rounding. Too close to call)

Fatebringer

Salvage Pool: 18

Salvage Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 2, total 4[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

OP 5

CW - Battle
RD - Battle

CW

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

RD

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 1, total 4[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

The battle raged on as the two combatants were deeply entrenched, as the head of the day pounded on the battlefield, the mechs on both sides became more sluggish as the heat from battle and fatigue took their toll. Despite having a strong initial push the Wolves still holding their own, being outnumbered at the onset started to take it's toll. The momentum faded enough for the Star Captain to act to reserve what was left of his command bid. "The Bears have proven they are prepared to defend this cave. I request Hegira for myself and my men."

CW: 17 * .25 = 4
RD: 22 * .2 = 4

CW: 17-4 = 13 (76%)
RD: 22-4 = 18 (82%)

Victory Points
Match is a Draw
CW: 2
RD: 2

While still close, attrition on the wolves is taking it's toll and the Wolves did what they came to do. RD grants Hegira.

Fatebringer

Salvage Pool 8

Slavage Roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 2, total 8[/blockquote]

Fatebringer

18 * .5 = 1
8 * .2 = 2

RD recovers 3 RP in salvage.

RD Victory