[RP/MM] T44 Clans vs WiE/SLDF 1818 Wolfsbaum Station (Invasion) [complete]

Started by Marlin, November 20, 2010, 11:23:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

A Clan Coalition sets up a Blockade against Wolfsbaum Station.

274,5 of Warships and Fighters. On Blockade orders.
31,75 Marines On Blockade as well.

Dave Baughman

SLDF Initiative
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 5, total 8[/blockquote] Clan Init

Dave Baughman

Clan forces arrive just in time to see a massive convoy jumping out of the system. It looks like Wolfsbaum may not be as well-defended as the Watch predicted.

No forces sally from the station to contest the Blockade.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

"They have escaped." Indeed. Now, we shall try to take the station.

Fighters and Marines prepare to enter the station.

NVA

Marlin,
  Can you please postg the details of the coordinating forces?

Thanks...

Marlin

Hm. Dont really see the need. According to the rules I need to post the joint FP.

If you can show me what is needed, please do.

NVA

Partially correct by both of us...

Coordinated Military Actions

The following rules apply to scenarios involving multifaction combat forces.

The coordinating factions must appoint a single player from within their alliance to be the commander for the combat. This person will make all tactical decisions for the engagement. If an individual cannot be agreed upon, the faction leader committing the largest force is the default choice.

The initial post by the coordinating factions must include all FP assigned to the combat, including blockaded forces, from every faction involved.

Once coordination is agreed upon, the member factions can only interject into the combat process, in-character, to withdraw from the alliance. All affected forces will immediately disengage and will not be eligible for further combat unless specifically attacked.

Marlin

To clarify, the Blockade remains in place.

200 FP of fighters and the Marines move in to break any resistance or set up an offensive Interdiction in case of the fighters respectively.

Dave Baughman

Ice Hellion marines find the space station abandoned except for a skeleton crew of volunteers who stayed behind to keep the communications and life support equipment running; none of them offer any resistance.

Marlin

Star Commodore Aaron Rood onboard of the "Taney" Aegis Class cruiser was half disappointed, half relieved. Intel had told them with the Facilities would move large amounts of Wargear, in Warships and Fighter strengths. They must have jumped out and left the station alone. 'Cowardly spineless traitors.'

"Get to the station and take it by all means." were his orders.

It seemed no military stayed behind, so the Marines of Theta easily gained control.

"Star Commodore, we have met no resistance. Only a skeleton crew is here. It seems they are volunteers recruited from spacers."

"I understand. Taskforce Wolfsbaum, we came too late. The Terrans will receive 4 Factories on a plate by their new dogs, the Traitor Wolves. Our mission is done."

To the Station: "Prepare for transition to Clan Ice Hellion administration. I want a search for sabotage attempts. I will take no risks here."

"In 24 hours the Station will be open for R+R. Until then I ask to stay on guard and stay on board of your vessels. Thank you all for coming. Whoever wants to leave is free to go. I am sure our forces will be needed elsewhere. I will meet all Commanders who decide to stay for a while at the Station in 48 hours.
Coordination of our forces was commendable. Next time we do this, I promise you, we will sate our thirst for blood."

(I suppose CIH takes control of the Station. Some personnell will be interrogated about the plans of the traitors.)

NVA

Peter McIntyre had chosen to stay behind.  Now, he wondered if that had been a good idea.  He was not sure what means the Ice Hellions would use to interrogate him, but, one of the first questions surprised him.

"I don't understand.  There were no traitors here.  This was a Clan Wolf facility, until it became a Star League facility.  We had no Ice Hellion traitors here.  Who is it you're looking for?"