[Special Ops] Turn 45 TH vs. RD -- 2519 Grumium

Started by Dave Baughman, January 09, 2011, 05:09:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave Baughman

Downtown Flodcrest
Planet Grumium
Dominion Territory
3 May 3070

"Knulla mig!" spat the Hemvärnet EOD man as he found yet another explosive charge. Ten minutes earlier, an alert citizen had noticed a suspicious package and flagged down a police officer - a move that probably saved thousands of lives. Had the charges detonated, the multi-story shopping mall in downtown Flodcrest would have pancaked into a concrete tomb.

Just as the sapper reached to disarm the bomb, his head exploded with a meaty splat!

"Sniper!"

Adept Anderson lined up his David gauss rifle on the next target, picking him off with a clean headshot. Thanks be to Blessed Blake for my True eyes, he intoned quietly as he sought his next target. Before he could eliminate another infidel, the remaining charges exploded, throwing a shroud of dust and debris across his line of sight.

"Alright, time to leave. We've given the bastards enough to chew on for now," said the Wolf Dragoons Captain leading the detachment, "I want us out of here in two minutes."

"Novakapten," said the forensics tech, "here's... is another sabot cap. Based on the profile, it looks like our shooter..."

QuoteTH Special Forces attempt a terrorism mission against Grumium, but are thwarted by Dominion security forces. The team escapes without damage, but evidence is discovered proving TH forces perpetrated the attack.
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.