[RP/MM] Turn 45 CSC vs. Niops -- 0935 Niops Invasion/Blockade [complete]

Started by Marlin, January 09, 2011, 10:38:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marlin

Andrea breathed in. And out. And in. Selina was already in her Skytha, prepared to lead the screens.

The last doubts were fought back into the void.

"Prepare for the jump. We are going in."

Klaxons announced an immediate jump. This was unstoppable now.

Clan Spirit Cat was on the hunt.

Niops: Alarms shrilled as massive entities came out of their IR signatures. It seemed like someone was poised to take down Niops for good!

Pilots scrambled and the ground punders prepared for the next week.

Niops is Blockaded.

Warships and masses of Dropships descend to the 3 Worlds. Niops is under Invasion!

Dave Baughman

Niops squadron will go on defensive interdiction to prevent any landings. We'll also need operational initiative as Niops is going to want to declare orders for the turn before you do.

SLDF Operational Initiative Roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

Let me guess: it is something I would not want.. like nukes?

CSC Init roll
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 2, total 3[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

(well, yes, but the roll was for something a bit less explodey)

SLDF wins initiative so they'll declare orders first.

-All ground forces on defense
-All naval forces on defensive interdiction except for NAS Aria
-NAS Aria will attack on recon raid orders

you guys will need a raid defense roll to see how many FP can oppose Aria
And I looked, and behold a pale horse: and his name that sat on him was Apollyon, and Hell followed with him. And power was given unto them over the fourth part of the earth, to kill with sword, and with hunger, and with death, and with the beasts of the earth.

Marlin

Raid defense:

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 5, total 11[/blockquote]

All others move in to swat aside the Interdiction and proceed with the Landings.

Dave Baughman

Quote11 135% of Attacker

OK, so we have two different simple res tracks to follow.

First is Aria (0.50 FP) vs. raid defenders (up to 0.75 FP after rounding).

Raid simple res [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 3, 6, total 9[/blockquote]

Second is the defensive interdiction. Niops will interdict with 21.25 FP.

As a special scenario (i.e. after orders declaration but before simple res rolls are made) the following nuclear weapons tokens are used:

1st System Defense Squadron* uses * to force the largest warship on the Hellion side to make a survival roll.
2nd System Defense Squadron* uses * to force the second largest warship on the Hellion side to make a survival roll.

Defensive Interdiction simple res [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 6, total 12[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Crit check - Raid
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 4, total 8[/blockquote]

Crit check - Defensive Interdiction
[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 1, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Crit result - Raid

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Dave Baughman

Quote5 Opponent receives -1 on all future rolls this combat (CO killed).

(note that this only takes effect in Op Round 2)

Marlin

Grumble.

Ok. But I would only take that Crit against the Raid Defender force, because all else would not make sense. Or?

Raid Check: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 3, total 5[/blockquote]

Also, a question appears: With the 12 of the Interdictors, if I would send all I have against them, they would insta win? Or how will that be treated?

ALso, the nukes, any biggest ship of my side (Spirit Cats by the way ;) ) or just those in the fight? The Biggest should be a Monsoon. Would this be targeted 2 times?

Marlin

Survival Rolls of the Nukes:

Barham (Monsoon): [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote]

Principle (Aegis): [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Anyway, leading the invasion is Alpha Star. 151,75 FP.

I would like to do that in MA, rather than simply roll this. Toned down there should not go much wrong for my side. How does that sound?

AS you already rolled, nothing can be done. I just hope your Interdictors are wiped out. Then.

Marlin

And here the roll against the Interdiction.

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 6, total 7[/blockquote]

Marlin

40 % damage. Interdictors should be wiped out. Ground attack proceeds.

Alpha Naval Star withdraws. Taking 15 FP damage. 1,5 FP damage control.

The Principle is sunk. (in the Blockade, unless a GM says otherwise)

Survival Rolls:

Chronicle: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 1, total 6[/blockquote]
Remembrance: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9[/blockquote]
Anna Rosse (not Rose): [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 6, total 10[/blockquote]
Blade: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]
Blood Oath: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8[/blockquote]
Path of Honor: [blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 5, 4, total 9[/blockquote]

Marlin

The Blade (Aegis) is sunk as well. Alpha Naval hastily leaves the way of the inbound Droppers, fighters and more fighters.

More tomorrow, when Dave approves the numbers.

2 Hulls float within the system.

What is done with the damage to both ships at least the Blade. (11.75 is its base)

Is that accounted for as salvage?

Total would be 34,75 FP as salvage. Without the Blade's FP then less. I dont remember this to be left out anywhere, though.

Dave Baughman

Looks good, except Alpha isn't forced to withdraw since it wiped out the defenders (though you may still choose to pull them back if you want).

On the other hand, unfortunately the -1 does apply to the whole Spirit Cat force in the following turns. The dead character, however, can be the commander of the raid defenders instead of the overall commander since that character was in a different part of the fight.

For the raid, it appears the both sides did 0.25 FP to one another after rounding. I'm going to roll below a tiebreaker to see whether or not the raid was successful:

Niops[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 4, 3, total 7[/blockquote]
CSC[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 4, total 6[/blockquote]