[RP/MM] Turn 45 CJF vs CLP Sector 2216 Benfled [Complete]

Started by Daemonknight, January 09, 2011, 09:24:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Daemonknight

As the CJF warships jumped from the system, the other Jade Falcon ships disgored the remainder of their transports. Some of the Jade Falcons were already on planet, enjoying themselves, but when their communicators began buzzing in the spaceports and in the areas of the planet the locals had designated for them to relax in, they paid their tabs and left, returning to their dropships. When they re-emerged, it was driving their battlemechs, or flyng their aerospace fighters. There were still a handfull of dropships that were falling to the planet's surface on pillars of white flame when the transmissions were broadcast from the Falcon HQ, a massive Outpost sitting in the center of a circle of Union-C and Overlord-C dropships. It was broadcast in a number of methods, and was an audio/video feed from the Outpost's CIC. It was broadcast on civilian and military bandwidths, aswell as bounced of orbiting LyCom satelites, and there was also a secure tight-beam to the CLP military compound's communications shack.

The video showed a woman, dressed in full Clan Jade Falcon regalia, standing tall amid the hushed whispers of the other warriors in the room. She was flanked on one side by a man much bulkier and even taller than she, obvious to anyone with military experiance aganst the Clans an Elemental. On her other side, a short petit woman, likly to be an aerospace fighter jock.

The woman in the middle spoke for the group. Her voice was strong and clear, her peircing hazel eyes holding the gaze of those who watched the broadcast.

"Citizens of Benfled, I am Galaxy Commander Victoria Binetti, leader of the Jade Falcon forces that have been enjoying your world for the past few weeks. I must thank you for your hospitality, but unfortunetly, it must end. The CLP, and it's behind-the-scenes masters, the Association of Tharkad Martyrs, have crossed lines that should not be crossed. They have attempted to claim that which is not theirs, and they have done the greatest, and darkest deeds possible, by attempting to not only bring down the Lyran Commonwealth, but to usurp it, and absorb its memory, twisting and perverting the Lyran Commonwealth into something barbaric and horrid.

As the Lyran Commonwealth stood with Aleksandr Kerensky when he needed aid, so will his Children, the Jade Falcons, stand with the Lyran Commonwealth when it is in need. It has been decreed by the RIGHTFUL, and LEGAL ruler of the Lyran Commonwealth, and the Lyran people, Archon Robert Kelswa-Steiner, that the Association of Tharkad Martyrs is an illegal terrorist organization, and its members and leaders guilty of comitting High Treason. Likewise, the Arc Royal Estates General has been declared to be an illegal, seditious organization, its members also guilty of High Treason against the State.

The Jade Falcons are happy to assist Archon Robert in his quest to restore the TRUE Lyran Commonwealth to it's people, instead of a new nobility, who keep themselves in power through fear, intimidaton, and murder.

Citizens, I urge you to stay in your homes, as the forces of the Martyrs will likly do everything in thir power to defend their tenuous grasp on power. We will not allow you to languish in said grasp any longer. The Jade Falcons come as liberators, not the conqerours of invasions past."

The transmission ends, and a zip-squeal transmission is recieved along the secure tight-beam laser linking the Jade Falcon jumpshps to the CLP/ATM military base.

"Attention military forces on Benfled: you are instructed to surrender yourselves to Jade Falcon military forces. Any attempt at military action will condemn your entire force to destruction. You have untill the end of the week to comply. Binetti out."
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."
-Last thoughts of Maldon, Type XXX Bolo, 3rd Battalion, Dinochrome Brigade

august

"Attention Jade Falcon forces - have you lost your minds? Robert Kelswa was an ally of the Terran Hegemony, and now you're supporting him? Do you have any idea who your enemies are? The CLP has in no way violated our cease-fire agreement. Invade if you have to, but it will be known that the word of the Jade Falcons is worth less than that of a whore on Kooken's!"

Daemonknight

Galaxy Commander Binetti did her best not to rise to the bait.

"Once more you insult us, and once more you prove that this invasion is nessicary to cleanse the stars of your vile existance. Perhaps we will be able to educate you, to force you to learn the folly of your mistakes, but I personally believe that such madness as you possess is beyond saving. There can be only one way to cleanse you of the stupidity and insanity that has led us to this moment.

However, further talk is meaningless, dark-caste scum. Surrender yourselves now, or face death in combat. Just know that you will never again know honor, as long as your miserable lives drag on."

CJF forces attack
"My only regret is that I will not be alive in .03 seconds. I would have liked to watch the enemy attempt to vent an omnidirectional thermonuclear blast enveloping their outpost."

Daemonknight

CJF combat roll

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 6, total 8[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

Critical event

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 6, 3, total 9[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

critical event

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 1, 4, total 5[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

50% of 56 = 28 damage

CLP forces take -1 to all future combat rolls(CO is killed)

august

Militia defenders

[blockquote]Rolled 2d6 : 2, 1, total 3[/blockquote]

Daemonknight

CJF forces apply battlefield repairs(how big was the militia?)

After combat, CJF forces move to search the HPG compound and surrounding areas for signs of TH personnel or the Blood.

august

Just the 1 FP contingent when nothing else is around.